what is a good photo printing software?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Sep 11, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i need to purchase a good and reliable photo printing software. please recommend me something.

thanks

2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I've asked the same question before and didn't get much response. We end up using some old HP photo software just because it handles printing pics in 4 x6 format pretty good.

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I like Paint Shop Pro (from Jasc). It's not the most flexible in the world but it's the best I've yet found.

4. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

Easy questions Adobe photoshop elements. Will allow you to print any photo size as well as a feature to optimize an 8 1/2" x 11" paper to fill it up with no or little waste. Plus a bunch of very useful editing features.

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Like Andre F, I have used some software that came with my HP 950CSi printer that was real nice and simple, allowed you to manipulate the basics like colors and brightness, as well as the resizing and formating options, it would let you print to HP's specific photopaper tray and stuff, however it never worked right in Windows2000 and HP refused to do anything about it (they acknowledged the problem though) so I never used it after that.

I have heard that Adobe photoshop elements is good though for photos.

Jay

6. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

does this mean i need a new printer? my hp printer still works just fine, but the software that came with it dont.

is adobe photoshop element hard to use? i need a straightforward photo printing software.

7. eekrat

eekrat Extra

8. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

I read somewhere that HP Photoprint is pretty good but I cannot find it in HP website. I may have a copy of it somewhere with my HP 970cxi I brought a couple years ago. I just don't know if it will still work under XP or not.

9. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

10. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator

Photoslate is amazing. It's my new printing program of choice. You NEVER waste paper anymore. You can cram as many pictures as you can on a sheet. It has over 100 templates.

For example, 1 4x6, 1 5x7, 3 wallets. All you do, is drag and drop the picture into whatever size you want on the template, then you can rotate them as well. You can have over 10 different pictures on the same sheet. It's great, and well worth the $30 they charge.

TF

11. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Tom,
    Do you have a link?

12. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator

13. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Ha! I probably should have read more carefully. Thanks. :b