What's new

What is a good paid web host for my domain? (1 Viewer)

David Baranyi

Stunt Coordinator
Recently, I decided that my web site should have a domain of its own so I purchased a domain name. I do not know when I will know when I will have access to my domain name, but I am look for a good paid web host for my domain. Is there a web host that I should look for?

If anyone wants to know the things I ask for in a good web host, here they are:

a) Reliable shared hosting
b) PHP, CGI, and Pearl support
c) Provides 50 to 100 MB of web space
d) Bandwidth of 1-2 GBs per month
e) Charges monthly payments between $8-15 or a yearly payment of $90-150. I really preferred a yearly payment so I do not have to make a payment each month.
f) Good reputation and excellent customer service

Are there any good candidates?

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
If you sign up before September 5th, HostPC is offering 250MB of space and 8GB of traffic per month, for $25 per year.

http://www.hostpc.com

Not affiliated with them apart from being a happy customer.

David Baranyi

Stunt Coordinator
After registering my domain name on Tuesday, I still have yet to hear from the registrant when it will be under my possesion. It is still listed as "available" on every registrant web site I visited. Does it really take days for my domain to available under my name?

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
It does take a while. Why not contact who you registered with to check on the status. Did they tell you when it would be ready?

Future Point took care of my domain and even paid for the registration for me... and I think they will renew it for free as well. :D

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> After registering my domain name on Tuesday, I still have yet to hear from the registrant when it will be under my possesion.

I hope you at least got an email confirming your order. It sucks when you find a name you want, register it, then don't hear anything... & start wondering if they even got your order, or whether someone else grabbed the name after you thought you had.

David Baranyi

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, unfortunately I did not receive a confirmation e-mail from FortuneCity, which I registered my domain name. That is why I am very concerned.

I tried to contact FortuneCity, but I found its customer support system very unfriendly. If anyone wants to know what system FortuneCity uses, please go to its web site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks