What's new

what is a b stock, really? (1 Viewer)

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
How can they know what the blemish is if it is sealed?

Quite simply the blemish was found before they sealed it. During quality control at the manufacturer.

CoreyH

Stunt Coordinator
B-Stock products like these speakers, are products that the manufacture didn't want to sell at retail, due to some sort defect in the aesthetics of the speaker.

The company selling these B-stocks, has no idea what the problem is with each individual pair they sell, because the manufacture seals the packaging before shipping to the seller.

Typical B-stock products have anywhere from an almost invisible scratch or dent, to something that is viewable, but doesn't detract greatly from the overall appearance of the speaker.

Buying a B-stock product definitely involves risks, as you will never know what type of blemish your speaker is going to have, but most of the time, the money you save is well worth the slight damage IMO.

Hope this helps

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
so. 250 bucks shipped, new, or 220 bucks shipped, but b stock? is it worth the price difference? i mean, i dunno, i am still skeptical. if it was svs b stock i would jump the gun since their cust service is excellent.

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto....It's only $30 and you are guarenteed a perfect product. I bought my SVS 25-31pci becuase it ended up being about $100 cheaper and I can't even tell you what is wrong with it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If the price difference is that minimal, I would also say go for the new one. If the price difference were greater, that would be different. I've bought a few b-stock and open box items and never had any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks