What's new

What iPhone/Touch apps have you downloaded? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Plants Vs. Zombies is out for iPhone.

It's $2.99 and has a good chance of beating Pocket God for the title of "Best iPhone game ever"

If you don't like this game on iPhone there's a good chance you should give up video games altogether =)

http://toucharcade.com/2010/02/14/plants-vs-zombies-the-zombies-are-coming/

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Ditto what Sam said about PvZ. A very successful port by PopCap - in fact, I find it more natural to play with touch on the iPhone than with the mouse on the Mac. The next great iPhone time sink is here!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
pvz is one of those I crowed about when it was on PC/Mac. And it's just as good on the iPhone.. while it's missing the zen garden and some of the side games, the main storyline is there. And they've added "accomplishments" and "tricks" you can pull off to get awards.

(how the hell to get 6,000 sun! I'm working on it!!)

Great great game.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
If you missed Pogue's column today, this seems amazing: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/technology/personaltech/25pogue.html
Line2 -- combination VOIP(over 3G or WiFi) with calls over the cell network. It gives you a second phone number; visual voice mail; the app need not be running to receive calls. Call quality excellent. Sounds like an amazing app -- a no-brainer for anyone who uses more than the base 450 minutes per month or anyone with poor cell reception at home (as you can use WiFi for all your calls.)

Service is $15 per month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks