What if Comical Ali, aka Baghdad Bob worked in audio?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Chu Gai, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Might a conversation go something like this?

Q. I've heard that your amplifier, the Scud 1.0 is actually made overseas in either Britain or the USA, is this true?
    A. "There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!" "We make all our own products but we have no Scuds. Ask the UN inspectors." "I blame Al-Jazeera - they are marketing for the Americans!"

Q. Ok, ok, lighten up there Baghdad Bob. I'm only repeating what I read by Tom Nousaine!
    A. "These cowards have no morals. They have no shame about lying." "They do not even have control over themselves! Do not believe them!"

Q. By the way, I sent some friends over to look at your factory but I haven't heard from them in days. Did you see them?
    A. "They tried to bring a small number of tanks and personnel carriers in through al-Durah but they were surrounded and most of their infidels had their throats cut." "On this occasion, I am not going to mention the number of the infidels who were killed and the number of destroyed vehicles. The operation continues"
    "We're giving them a real lesson today. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted." "We made them drink poison last night and Saddam Hussein's soldiers and his great forces gave the Americans a lesson which will not be forgotten by history. Truly." "I can say, and I am responsible for what I am saying, that they have started to commit suicide under the walls of Baghdad. We will encourage them to commit more suicides quickly."

Q. Jeez Bob, all we wanted to do was inspect your manufacturing facilities. You didn't have to be so scared.
    A. "No I am not scared and neither should you be!"

Q. Now this amp I've got, it does say Scud 1.0 on it, but I'm not happy with it. I'd like to return it.
    A. "Just look carefully, I only want you to look carefully. Do not repeat the lies of liars. Do not become like them. Once again, I blame Al-Jazeera before it ascertains what takes place. Please, make sure of what you say and do not play such a role."

Q. Well I just don't think it's able to drive my speakers. The sound doesn't sound right. It doesn't sound true.
    A. "Search for the truth. I tell you things and I always ask you to verify what I say. I told you yesterday that there was an attack and a retreat at Saddam's airport."

Q. Is there any truth to your company being taken over by Harman International?
    A. "Yesterday, we slaughtered them and we will continue to slaughter them." "We will push those crooks, those mercenaries back into the swamp"

Q. Some of the things you claim don't make sense about power and distortion. I can't seem to reconcile it with Maxwell or Kirchoff. What do you say?
    A. "When we were making the law, when we were writing the literature and the mathematics the grandfathers of Blair and little Bush were scratching around in caves"

Q. Well thanks for taking the time to talk with me. I hope someday you'll welcome me and show me more of your interesting work in the labs.
    A. "We will welcome them with bullets and shoes."

2. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Iam not even halfway down on this thread and I am already screamin! [​IMG] good one Chu..nice diversion!

But hey I do wonder what kind of audio equiptment Saddam owns(owned) and some of his staff.. Somehow I believe he may like English tube amps...lol.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I saw a lot of Marantz on the TV...I'm still looking for jpegs. It's hot. It's summer. And the site's been slow. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

4. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Marantz huh? I think those were the AV600's they stole from Kuwait. Hilarious...! [​IMG] I was in the first Gulf War...too bad we had no characters like Baghdad Bob..

5. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

shameless bump for more attention....[​IMG]