What's new

What if...$12000 HT budget? How would you build it? (1 Viewer)

Adam.More

Auditioning
Kevin, thanks. So Paradigm vs. B & W? Toss up? What about dipolars? I'm wondering if I can take teh studios you mentioned and build a place for them in my wall on either side of my screen? Any problems with that?

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
The Studio(v3) have their port in the front allowing for closer proximity to the wall. More than likely if you built an alcove in the wall you could place them their. Just make sure the speaker is flush or protruding out of the wall to optimize soundstage.

Kevin

Adam.More

Auditioning
cool...I'm going with:

Studio 40 -fronts
470 - center
ADP-470 sides/rear

What do you think about sub's? SVS or Paradigm? I might get a deal if I buy the Paradigm sub too...but if the SVS is better I'll go with that.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
you won't need much of a sub for your small room. a PS-1000 should be more than enough for your needs.

also, i'd take the InFocus 7200 over almost any other projector in its price range. i've seen it in action many times it really is a superb unit. please also be aware that BenQ makes almost none of their products - they purchase or commission OEM product lines and rebadge them. why pay 25% more for a rebranded unit of equal quality?

BenQ is one of the trademarks of the Acer Group. I don't know about projectors but they make all their optical units for computers (CD-RW and DVD) and other kind of hardware.

Adam.More

Auditioning
I was just at a home theater store talking about setting me up. Seems like a decent guy and appears to want to save me money by recommending a Sharpvision model. Anything in particular I should stay away from, or should I worry?

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
One major thing I looked at between the Sharps & the InFocus models is that the 7200 has built-in Faroudja DCDi processing whereas the Sharp projectors all lacked DCDi. But don't take my word for it...look at both units yourself and let your eyes decide.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

You may get a better package deal if you go all Paradigm. I'd go with the PW-series over the PS-series, even in a small room.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks