What's new

What HT Room Ratio?? (1 Viewer)

DarrinG

Grip
Is there a ratio for the best home theatre room size. You know how full screen is 4:3 or the ratio for Widescreen is there a perfect hometheatre room size.

Any help would we great

Thanks

Darrin

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I think it is more appropriate to discuss what not to use. I think a common belief is that square rooms or rooms in multiples of each other (i.e. 24x15) should be avoided.

william-scooter

Stunt Coordinator
I am building new house with home theater from scratch. I asked my consultants what size should it be since I had flexibility to make it whatever size. I was told 21x16 so that is what I am doing. Not square... not multiples...

LaddR

Auditioning
Remember to take the room height into consideration too. You need to keep it from being a multiple of the room length and/or width. A room 21x16x8 can still have reflection problems. Changing the width by a foot one way or the other is probably easier than modifying a standard 8' ceiling.

Terry Montlick

Stunt Coordinator
William,

Your consultants were correct in their room dimensions. These pass our room calculator recommendations, which conform to international standards. This Excel calculator can be downloaded from our web site: www.componentacoustics.com

Regards,
Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks