What's new

What home theater for my XBOX? (1 Viewer)

TysonG

Auditioning
Well I need to research to proper way to hookup a Xbox to a HTB. Can anyone shed a light on the issue?
As of right now,
1) Get better speaker wire(25ft 16 gauge Monster Cables?)
-----------------
hmmmmmm ( thats all I know for now.
Questions I have:
1) Where can I get speaker stands that won't cost me an arm or a leg!!! (I'm assuming it the norm to place the front speakers on stands)
2) How S-VHS/optical cables do I need? (I will be purchasing the Advanced adapter for the XBOX)
1 optical and 2 S-VHS????
Again, I assume that I connect the optical cable to the XBOX AV adapter, then connect it to the receiver. Next, connect the S-VHS cable to the XBOX AV adapter then connect it to the receiver. Then run the 2nd S-VHS cable from the receiver to the back of the TV. Is this correct?
Thanks.

Steve Clark

Second Unit
Avoid the Kenwood HTB-204 at all costs. This package includes a passive subwoofer, not a powered one. I bought this system two years ago and the subwoofer was absolutely worthless. I immediately threw out the passive subwoofer and upgraded with a cheap $30 50-watt powered subwoofer at Best Buy and it sounded 10 times better. I talked my best friend into buying the HTB-504 for Christmas and he has been thanking me ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks