What's new

What Hirez Discs Have You Purchased Recently? (1 Viewer)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
A good way to get some titles is through Buy.com using the Google Checkout $20 of $50 purchase. The Beatles "Love" DVD-A/CD works out to $12 delivered if you make it part of a $50 music purchase for $30 with free shipping. I have picked up a number of high resolution titles this way recently, just keep on running up a $50 tab purchasing music and Christmas gifts. Works out really well, but I can't imagine it will go on much longer.

Chris

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Diana Krall - "Love Scenes", ha!, I can't remember whether I ordered the SACD or DVD-A. Hopefully the DVD-A if it includes some video of her performing.

Chris

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
dany said:
And how is it?
I assume you are asking about "Love"?
Its incredible.
Take a look at the threads here and elsewhere. I am 46, so I have been listening to the Beatles for close to 40 years. I can say that, without question, the songs on this CD/DVD sound better than any other Beatles presentation I have ever heard.
Absolutely spectacular. Fantastic. Superb....I am running out of superlatives. This will be my DVD-A demo disc for the foreseeable future......unless they remaster the Beatles catalog in 5.1 DVD-A.....even then, this disc is so much fun with the mashups and what not, it may stay as my demo disc of choice.
Of course, it helps if you already like the Beatles ;-)
Brian

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
We just bought 'Love'

It is the best DVD-A or hi res disc I've ever heard also.

I am not a Beatles fan and the wife gave me funny looks when I said we were stopping at BB to get it. We're 34 and 32 and honestly never listened to the Beatles unless they happen to be on the radio.

I bought it based off of reviews and the lack of new hi res.

Its a great disc and after listening to the whole thing I have only two comments. 1 the volume level changes significantly in certain sections. At a loud but comfortable listening level near the end of the first song that is done live when the crowd screams its way way too loud.

The second is the quality of the production seems to go down as you go on. There are some exceptions but stuff from Lonely Hearts seems to not be as of high quality as the rest.

Still, considering there are 25 tracks its an incredible disc and I'd recommend it to anyone who has a hi res setup.

I bought it at CC instead of BB because we were next door to one. I stopped in to see if they ahd it and matched the price and picked it up for 15.99. It is, at leas at the CC I was at, in a different location than the actual CD.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Has anyone purchased a Monster Music SuperDisc?
http://www.amazon.com/Givin-Up-Super...e=UTF8&s=music
Besides the stereo disc included for your CD player or car stereo, Monster Music brings you Benson, Jarreau and company in full HDS High Definition Surround on a SuperDisc for your DVD player. Better than normal stereo, music in High Definition Surround puts you right in the middle of the music. It's exciting, moving, and the way the artists intended you to hear it. And for audiophiles, there are High Definition Stereo tracks in 96K/24-bit lossless audio. SuperDisc Delivers A Surround Experience From Your iPod. Direct from the master recordings are High Definition Digital Music files ready to download to any computer or portable music player that supports WMA (Windows), or AAC (Apple, iPod). Even better are Dolby Headphone music files that simulate surround sound through any pair of headphones.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Paul.S said:
Has anyone purchased a Monster Music SuperDisc?.[/i]
I have one, Three Doors Down - "Away From the Sun Live From Houston". It is a great quality DVD-V with 96kHz/24-Bit DTS. This Benson/Jarreau disc has been discussed some at Quadraphonicquad forum. I would expect it to be extraordinary with a great surround and stereo mix. There have been a few Monster Music discs that are all very good, but insignificant in the marketplace so far.
Chris

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Missy Elliot - So Addictive DVD-A - Disappointed in the music so far but need to spin it some more.
Shania Twain - Up! DVD-A - Yes my partner already has the SACD. Yes I got bought it to see her in her videos. ;) And yes I'll keep the CD since the DVD-A is I think only the "red" version of the album. So yes we have three copies of this album in our household . . . four if you count the second version in the CD release.
Got both discs for $17.34 at the depressingly picked over Marina del Rey Tower.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
R.E.M. CD/DVD-A sets of:

"Around the Sun"

"Out of Time"

"Green"

"New Adventures in Hi-Fi"

and an R.E.M. DVD-A

"Document"

Chris

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Glad I checked in to the forum, as I wasn't aware that this was recently remastered and put on DVD-A. How does it sound?
Thanks.
Doug

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Doug_B said:
Glad I checked in to the forum, as I wasn't aware that this was recently remastered and put on DVD-A. How does it sound?
Thanks.
Doug
It is exceptionally well done for an old analog recording. The Quadraphonicquad forum has some specific discussion.
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks