What's new

What Hirez Discs Have You Purchased Recently? (1 Viewer)

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
I picked-up Ringo's Chose Love on dual-disc, just because it's the only one of the Fab Four on dual-disc to my knowledge. Watched the making of and bio material, have not listened to the 5.1 tracks yet.

dan-0

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, how is the Seal DVDa?

I really enjoyed that record back in the day. Haven't had it in the collection for quite some time now.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
La Stravaganza (Antonio Vivaldi)
Rachel Podger/ Arte de Suonatori
Channel Classics-- SACD Hybrid
Truly Top Notch.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
dan-0 said:
Chris, how is the Seal DVDa?
I really enjoyed that record back in the day. Haven't had it in the collection for quite some time now.
Keep in mind this is the self titled 1991 album and not the self titled 1994 album. The 1994 album had "Kiss From a Rose". If this is the album you are interested in, and liked it originally, you should like this. The surround mix and fidelity are not anything special for DVD-A. Very subtle surround mix and he was still perfecting his style at this time. He did much better and much worse subsequently in my opinion. If you want only one Seal DVD-A, I would say the 1991-2004 compilation with the same cover as the 1994 self titled release which is also available, is the best of the three. Good thing the guy doesn't have a ton of releases since he likes to recycle album names and album covers for his handful of releases. If he had 20 albums with only 3 different names and 3 different covers, nobody would be able to order what they want with confidence.
Chris

dan-0

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, thanks for the clarification. I was most defientlty thinking of the 1994 album.

Just ordered it. Can't wait!

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I added two more SA-CD's:

Stockfisch Records' Closer To The Music Sampler

Al Di Meola's Consequences Of Chaos

With these I hit the milestone of 600 Sack-Dee's.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Just got these in the mail from the good folks at Telarc...
The Never Ending Waltz - an hour or so of 40+ waltzes strung together in a non-stop segue. It is quite a dreamy disc and I loved it!
Also just started spinning Sibelius' "Kullervo," and was quite impressed with the work and the superb recording - I was not familiar with that piece.
Also rec'd "Mega Movies." Haven't heard this one yet, but includes music from recent blockbusters interspersed with hi-res surround sound fx, Telarc style (i.e. careful with your speakers!). I'll try and post back some thoughts on this one when I get a chance to give it a spin.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Weather Report - Mysterious Traveller - SACD
Hiromi - Brain - SACD
stuck in a Jazz groove at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks