What HD Receivers Have An i.LINK (IEEE 1394) Connection?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gregg Loewen, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Anybody know the answer? Also any satellite receivers that do HD have this connection?

I just received a JVC HD VCR and want to try it out.

Thanks!

Gregg

2. Steve G

Steve G Agent

Gregg, as far as i know, the only ones are the Panasonic TUDST50/51. I have the 51 model and love it. This is an OTA tuner only and has an NTCS tuner built in as well. Try going to AVS HD hardware forum and do a search. Ther is a lot of info there about these things. I'm not sure which models work with the JVC so ,sorry I can't help you there.

Steve

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Steve, thanks!!

My problem is that where Im located (rural Maine) there is only 1 HD OTA broadcaster. Im really wanting a satellite receiver with this capability. Perhaps next year's models??

4. Steve G

Steve G Agent

Gregg, your welcome.
    One other thing to consider is the Panny units somehow work with DishNetwork and allow recording of HBO/ Showtime HD channels along with locals on Dish.It has to do with the firewire connection and the DishNet 5000 or 6000 receiver and I,believe a module of some kind. [8-VSB maybe?] Again I'm not sure what else is needed but AVS would be your best source for this. Hope I'm helping more than confusing you![​IMG]

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter