What have you been doing for the last five weeks?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Ralph Summa, May 8, 2003.

1. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

I'm one of the guys who makes sure all you people have your 401K and variable annuity prospectuses filed with the SEC and printed for the first week of May. BFD, right? Anyone read those things anyway? I don't even read mine! Of course with all the CEO creative accounting going on, auditors, lawyers and compliance people have been a little more cautious about signing their name. That's good for all of us I guess, but it turned out pretty bad for me! I've been working 16-18 hour days since the beginning of April and I have completely neglected the forum and life in general. I didn't know where to start reading umpteen pages of unread threads, so I thought I'd start here. I needed to post something to get some oil into the gears.

Last I remember, Syracuse won the NCAA men's hoop tournament, and I think I heard something about us sending troops to the middle east.

Did I miss anything?

In a fog,

Ralph

2. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

Please don't bring up the last 5 weeks. I was assigned to migrate our e-mail system (8500+ users). Got a high-priced vendor to design it, then high-priced consultants to assist in the detailed design, test and implementation.

Needless to say, their design is flawed and I've been pulling 15 hr days to try and clean this mess up. This high-priced software vendor is known to all - don't think they won't screw you over.... They've even sent another consultant onsite that can't figure out the other guy's design. And they want to rule the world ? Give me a break. (not so subtle hint)

3. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

Dang it must be frustrating to know that 99% of those things you worked so hard on end up as trash-can filler.

The sad part is that most of the info could be boiled down to a cover page and an abstract.

It would be nice if that was all you had to send and the rest could be opted for. Lawyers must own paper stocks.

On behalf of all the people who are enjoying their tax-advantaged retirement accounts, up or down, I thank you for your effort in makeing them work.

4. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

Thanks Eric,

We prefer to say that prospectuses and annuals are used to line bird cages. As I said before, I'm an offender too. I open my variable life prospectuses, I look at the charts to see if the squiggly line is going up or down, I cheer or swear accordingly, and throw it in the filing cabinet.

I should get a bird. [​IMG]

Ralph

5. Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray Supporting Actor

My last five weeks?

Well, on the virge of opening my 2nd LAN gaming centre, had an actor role in a movie and installed 2 new servers at my "day" job. Oh...I also moved, got in a car accident, bought a new Rocky Mountain bike, saw some good movies and laughed every Monday at Strong Bad's e-mails (www.homestarrunner.com)

All-in-all...a pretty good five weeks!

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

And once again it comes scrolling back, scroll button get ill like a heart attack...

The email, the email, wha-wha, the email!

7. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

Eh, Steve!