What's new

What have they done to you, Scooby Doo?! (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'll stick with the old Scooby Doo. And am I wrong, or was Scooby a great dane and not a mastiff?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Shaggleford? WTF?!? Shaggy has always been his nickname based on his unkempt appearance. His real name is Norville Rogers.

This new series sounds like a train wreck of epic proportions.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

According to this, yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaggy_..._Get_a_Clue%21

As for the glaring error which David noted in his post... It's really sad when the new creative team in charge of a decades-old franchise know less about the property than even the contributors to a collaborative online encyclopedia. All of the characters' full names are directly mentioned even there...never mind all the show-specific sites which the new "powers that be" would obviously have been well advised to consult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby_doo

Why don't we have a "shaking one's head in utter disgust" emoticon? I guess this one will have to suffice: :frowning:

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
So, resuccitate which, Richie Rich or Scooby Doo? This sounds all bad. When the robotic maid appears, let me know.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That promotional image looks terrible. It's not like the Hanna-Barbera style is hard to imitate. If Sealab 2021 can do it for a parody, so can these fools.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They are sinking lower and lower. The last few scooby series were bad enough but it looks like their out to top scrappy as the all time worst Scooby Episodes.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
WTF? Are they on some kind of hallucinatory drug and looking at themselves in a mirror? Those images stink to high heaven!

Where's the kid sidekick for Shaggy going to come in to the picture? Or maybe a British accented robot cop? :)

It's no wonder they don't want to get the ratings system into the 21st century. If they did, I bet half or more of the shows are cancelled by October :).

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
It's depressing that Eric Radomski, one of the greatest creative minds behind Batman: The Animated Series (and the creator of the show's "dark deco" imagery) is stuck doing crap like this. I guess that's the animation business for you.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
LOL. Even if they changed his name and gave them a robot made it's STILL a better revamp than casting Matthew Lillard and making the dog a CGI nightmare.

If they can somehow, even with the fantastical elements and the continuity busting (and who watches Scooby Doo for the CONTINUITY) changes to Shaggy's character, make the show semi-intelligent and funny for once (as Scooby Doo has always been one of the most mind-numbingly DUMB cartoons ever produced) then this change is for the better. Easily.

Radomski is responsible for so many great moments on Batman. I like the fact a singular creative mind is behind this show, and a mind that is PROVEN to be able to bust out really good work not just for kids but able to be appreciated by adults as well. He can change whatever he likes so long as it makes Scooby-Doo a cartoon actually worth watching for once.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well, this is on now.
has anyone seen it.

scooby does indeed have nano tech powers.
this past week he ate a scooby snack and broke into 4 scoobys to capture the bad guy.

it isnt too bad until scooby and shaggy come onto the screen.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I randomly stumbled across this. The gang and some guy with a laptop were sitting in a restaurant, and the guy said something about having just downloaded the new Scooby-Doo game.

That was as far as I got. Oy.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
So... I take it this isn't the cartoon equivalent of Battlestar Galactica?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks