What's new

What has happened to Criterion's "Tales Of Hoffmann" DVD? (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
It was supposed to be out in (I think) June-July, and... where is it? Commentary with Scorsese etc. Great film, The Archer's at their most daring. I'm stumped. Any news?

Thanks for reading,

Gordon

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
I don't believe Criterion ever announced any particular month that this might be released. They've said there are problems with the film elements and it's taking a while to put together, but it's still on the way. It certainly won't be this year, though.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
...I love that film. I love all of Powell & Pressburger's unique films. In BFI's Top 100 recently, George Romero said that The Tales Of Hoffmann was his favorite film of all time! Great stuff! I love Dawn Of The Dead - that's in my Top 10! :D
Thanks again, Don.
Gordon

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
You're welcome, Gordon, but there's no need to start a new thread to thank me!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
"I took mushrooms and went to HTF and had a real bad time..." - You're a moron!
Sorry, I've only been using the Internet for 5... YEARS! :b Yeah, I've been suffering the symptoms of Internetia (typos, bad navigation, wrong clicks etc) and am just getting over it now! That ever happen to anyone else? I digrese.
Oh, The Fog: Special Edition DVD (:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:) is far out! Got it on saturday morning. I live in Scotland, and it's great to get stuff like this 10 DAYS before the street date! Very cheap too - £10.99/$16.49 :emoji_thumbsup:
Enough of my Marty DiBergi-ing though! ;)
Gordy

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Finally!!!!

Just rec'd the August Criterion newsletter, and I was pleased to see in the bottom right corner of the e-mail that it is finally wrapping production!

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Sweet Jesus, my prayers have been answered.
Still I can't wait to see it on the big screen. Next Tuesday, Aug 9th, the London NFT are screening it as part of their Powell and Pressburger season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.