What's new

What has David Prior been up to in the last few months ? (1 Viewer)

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoyed the

Fight Club, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Big Trouble in Little China Dvds that were produced by David Prior.

Does anybody know on which recent DVD releases David has functioned as producer?

I appreciate your answer

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Blade II I believe is the latest example of Mr Prior's handywork. :) Prior (guh, guh, oh the comedy!) to that, Pearl Harbour vista, obviously...
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
There was a nod to him in the review of the Blade II disc at The Digital Bits here.
Now, if David would be kind enough to grace us in confirming rumour that he's in charge of next years Panic Room SE, then that'd be just lovely. :D
Dan

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator
very lovely, indeed.

on the DVDFile forum someone stated that Fincher said that there is not going to be a SE, because he sees "Panic Room" as a popcorn movie.

Actually i read an interview where he said the exact same thing about "The Game". Ug.....

Would be a shame if that's true. I enjoy Fincher's commentary tracks.

But if there is going to be a Panic Room SE. I am interested in how much they got to say about the Kidman and Khondji drop out.

*note to Khondji fans: There are some Photographs by Khondji in the latest issue of Dazed and Confused...

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
The R2 DVD of Panic Room was originaly announced with some VERY specific supplements, 3 commentaries and those who were taking part in those commentaries among various featurettes...etc Since then, the R2 announcement was downgraded to the superbit, but I still have doubts over Sony's "no SE" comments regarding the film.

Dan

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
on the DVDFile forum someone stated that Fincher said that there is not going to be a SE, because he sees "Panic Room" as a popcorn movie. Actually i read an interview where he said the exact same thing about "The Game". Ug.....
I'm confused. Are you saying that Fincher stated there'd be no Game SE because it's a "popcorn movie" or just that he called The Game a "popcorn movie"? There already IS a special edition for The Game - on LD. Obviously he can't be too averse to the concept of a special edition for that flick...

DanR

Supporting Actor
The Indiana Jones Trilogy. Well, Ok, maybe not, but we can have dreams can't we? :)
I jokingly mentioned that because it seems like Van Ling has dropped off the face of the earth ever since he started working on Star Wars Episode I and now Star Wars Episode II. Or, maybe Van is working on Indiana Jones...
Regards,
Dan

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator
Well what he said about The Game wasn't so drastic.

I can't find the interview right now...but here is another Fincher Quote:

"No. It's funny. I got a call from Criterion and they left a message saying, "The Game?" I don't know what there would be to do, though. I don't think there's a lot of material."

Seems like they decided against releasing a Criterion Edition of The Game...since Criterion stated that there are no plans to do a DVD.

Sad i know

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Surely that was in reference to the LD though? And The Game eventually became a LOVELY Criterion Edition laserdisc it must be said. I can only imagine their being complications in transfering the LD to DVD what with the changing hands regarding ownership of the film.

Dan

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator
lets just hope we will see a critertion edition of the game in the new (2 years) future.

hopefully Mr. Prior stumbles abon this thread and gives us hope for an Panic Room SE *lol*.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks