What happens when you have problems with an RPTV you have shipped to your house?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Mc, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Daniel Mc

Daniel Mc Agent

I'm thinking of ordering a Toshiba 42h81 from Onecall.com, an authorized dealer. The price is right and the shipping is included. My only worry is that RPTV's are delicate creatures...if I have a problem with it, will I have to ship it back to Onecall or can I take it to a local Toshiba dealer (like BestBuy)? If anyone has experience in this it would really help cause I'm kinda scared. Do you guys think buying a RPTV online is a good idea?

2. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

This is just a guess, but since OneCall is an authorized dealer, I think that you would call Toshiba and they would tell you who to call for service. Ask a sales advisor at OneCall about this. Any TV over 32 inches should come with in-home service. You don't want to have to move that sucker!
    In theory, there is no extra risk in ordering online from an authorized dealer. Even if you ordered from a local store, I imagine you would still have the thing delivered.
    Check out this reassuring message:
    http://onecall.com/Policy_103.htm
    EDIT
    And this:
    You can also buy an extended warranty. $96 for two years and up to $364 for five years.

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I've ordered a Toshiba TP61H95 and also a 65HX81 from OneCall. If there is a problem when it gets there, u should call ur salesguy and tell him about it. They're quite helpful. Now if u'll be needing service after sometime, then u'd have to deal with Toshiba proper. Now, I'm not trying to convince u or anything but, for both those sets mentioned, I got their 3 year extended warranties. Its just for my piece of mind.