What's new

What happens to Xbox Live player feedback? (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Whenever I have an Xbox Live session with a cool group of people I make a point of leaving positive feedback for them. Likewise negative feedback for the jackarses out there. But I wonder where this feedback ultimately goes? How is it used?

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Good feedback is used to deduct any negative feedback the player might have. Thats really it when it comes to good feedback.

Negative feedback works like this: if the Live people get enough negative feedback (and there doesn't need to be much) they penalize the player.

1st warning- email is sent to user.
2nd warning- voice communication is muted for the player for up to a month.
3rd, 4th, 5th warning- voice communication is muted and/or Xbox Live service is banned from the player for up to a month.
6th warning- service is cancelled and refunds are given for the remaining months if player has one year membership.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
There doesnt need to be much to get an email from Xbox live. But there does need to be a bit more from other people (and not just one person), over a longer period, to get to the 2nd warnings and up. How much, I don't know. :frowning:

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
There would definitely need to be a trend noted before they pulled the plug. Actually I'm surprised that they issue a refund when it gets that far.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I would worry about some 13 year old getting pissed that you beat him at Counterstrike and giving you bad feedback. Its not your fault he's not 1337.:D

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
how do you leave someone feedback? there was a guy on motoGP 2 the other night that

A) would not stop talking. i mean it was so obnoxious.

B) would not leave female gamers alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks