What's new

What happens to recalled DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
My previous assumption was they were destroyed, but the shelves seem to be flooded with the silver spine Ed Wood release.

I actually bought a black spine copy of Ed Wood because it was the only one on the shelf (assumed it was the recalled version).

In the case of Ed Wood the difference is not significant (for me), but I would have liked to have gotten a copy of ST Generations with the trailer.

So, are these DVDs just sold later after the hoopla dies down?

EDIT: I guess the Generations SE DVD never had a trailer, so the recall was to correct the packaging. So in that case, they were all sold apparently.

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't been looking for the silver spined "Ed Wood" since I already own it, but I figured if a disc were recalled, it would cease to exist, and be destroyed.

That (discontinuation) rarely happens to DVD's anyway.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
They go to DVD hell, where they are shelved and never watched or enjoyed along with Beta Max and all those LaserDiscs that succumbed to Laser Rot.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
They are told to look at the horizon......and imagine a farm all their own...can they see it? ...good....that's good...and...and the rabbits...tell them they can have rabbits.....BANG!!!

sniff......sniff...they are in a better place.....sniff....

Dom

Stunt Coordinator
Yes ebay or amazon.com marketplace. I remember getting anywhere from $75-$100 for Gettysburg before it was eventualy rereleased. Also, the 300 Spartans recall, I had a ton of those and again sold them anywhere from $60-$100.

What else, Fargo, Rain Man to name a few.

Seriously, recalls are supposed to be sent back by the
retailers and then I guess destroyed.

Then again maybe not:D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what was the 300 spartans realled for?

i never saww this recall talked about here.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
BTW, Ed Wood (silver spine) can be had at Circuit City for $13.

So much for recalls...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks