What's new

What happened to Universal's Ultimate Editions?? (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All Universal UE DVD releases are being delayed due to the addition of a "special" new feature. The new feature is the addition of a special anti-copying technology ala their music division. The special feature will prevent you from playing your DVD on your DVD player or DVD-rom. This will be known as "Universal Ultimate UE Copyguard".....if you can't play it, then you can't copy it. Expect all planned UE releases to contain this extra special feature in the near future. :)
Yes, I'm being facetious but I just had to get off my chest. Please delete if it violating any rule.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Edwin,

Your post has certainly caught my attention! Do you happen to have any more details about this copy prevention system that Universal is proposing? Did I miss something in the way you worded it? How are consumers supposed to just watch the dvd if one has no interest in copying anything?

Studios certainly have the right to protect their product from pirates, but how to do this without ruining it for the average Joe is the big question. What about the rest you folks out there?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
It has been proven by some companies that an Anamorphic video looks worse on 4:3 sets.
This is a half-myth in my opinion. It may be true with some players on some sets, but I don't see it on my set-up. I don't see anymore artifacts with downconversion than with non-anamorphic material and I have seen some very nice non-anamoprhic material. The best transfers I have seen have been anamorphic that are downconverted on my 4X3 set.

(I have a Sony KP-61V80 - ISF'd - and a Panasonic RV80)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks