What happened to "True Lies-5 Star DVD?"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon Allen, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Brandon Allen

I Believe it was supposed to be released around the same time that "Speed" 5 Star came out earlier last year...

2. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

It was postponed until sometime in 2003. Also, Fox isn't doing special editions under the "5 Star" label anymore.

3. Beast

Beast Second Unit

Yeah, it was delayed due to 9/11. It should finally be out sometime this year. And the above poster is correct, Fox is done with the Five Star label. They will still be doing impressive Special Editions, just not marketing them under the 5 Star Banner. Like the upcoming Alien 9-Disc set. [​IMG]

4. MarcinL

MarcinL Stunt Coordinator

that makes me angry, those 5 star edtitons I have, DIE HARDS, FRENCH CONNECTION, ID4 and SPEEc, look good, and i collected them in hopes that FOX will release more so they look good on the shelfes, now they switching to regular spec editions like MINORITY REPORT, so I wonder are they going to release the SPEED and rest 5 stars in boxes like Minority report, I hate movies that are out of sync in terms of boxes, I cant put TRUE LIES SE next to 5stars if its different

5. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

Minority Report was Dreamworks, not fox. Look at the Die Hard 2 and 3 boxes for an idea of the packaging Fox will most likely go with. Who knows, they may even keep the iridescent silver (I hope they do, it look sawesome although it can be hard to read) and just put Special Edition or something like that on the cover instead of 5* Collection

6. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I think Peter Straddon said on the chat that True Lies: SE would be released late this year or 2004.

7. MarcinL

Actually you right, but fox does own international rights

8. Florian B

Florian B Agent

Concerning packaging: If I remember correctly it was also mentioned that coming "special" Special Editions would be packaged in fold-out Digipacks, just like Moulin Rouge! and Fight Club. I also hope they omit the SE- or CE- or LE-label on the cover, these "clean" covers (MR!+FC) are just beautiful.

9. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

10. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

11. Declan

Declan Second Unit

then MarcinL must live outside the US if his copy of Minority report was distributed by Fox............. dont ya think[​IMG]

12. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Peter STADDON!
    No R!
    [​IMG]

13. MarcinL

Actually I do live in the US, Chicago to be more precise
    And for some reason I kept thinking Minority Report was FOx releases, I don't know maybe because every trailer I have seen had FOX on it, Maybe because the movie had FOX sequence before the start or maybe Because my BEHIND ENEMY LINES from FOX had Minority Report trailer, Obviously I missed the DreamWorks Logo in the beginning, which now that I think about it it makes sense since its SPIELBERG film, but still every TRAILER and TV SPOT had FOX logo Mainly

14. Declan

Declan Second Unit

yeah true. The same thing happened with A.I in the US as well did'nt it. Relesed theatrically by Warners and distributed by Dreamworks for the home market. Fox must have gotten the same deal with Minority report.

15. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    In the meantime, if you want an anamorphic transfer of True Lies you can get the Korean version here for only $9.95 with free shipping!! It's coded region 3.
    Jeff

16. DarrellP

DarrellP Stunt Coordinator

From the Digital Bits Rumor Mill on 12/04:
    And this from the Fox chat the other night - there's word from the studio that 2003 could be a big year for the Alien films. Other POSSIBLE titles for 2003 (remember, most of these are NOT yet officially announced - just planned or tentatively planned) include Big Trail, Cavalcade, 3 Women, A Wedding, Kagemusha, Valley of the Dolls, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, The Panic in Needle Park, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Heaven Can Wait, Terror Train, Cemetery Man, One Million Years BC, Predator: SE, Predator 2, Song of Bernadette, Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, Laura, My Darling Clementine, Cocoon, Cocoon 2, All That Jazz and possibly True Lies:SE

17. Dave H

Dave H Producer

18. Declan

Declan Second Unit

19. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

Does anybody know why Fox is abandoning the Five Star editions? Oh, and I HATE digipacks! [​IMG]

20. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I'd rather have the thin doubles, (same thickness as standard keepcase). [​IMG]