What's new

What Happened to Tremors on blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I don't remember hearing about a release date for Tremors. What was it, and where did you hear about it?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm pretty sure I saw here on the HTF. I thought I saw it on the HTF release schedule, but now it shows at TBA.

media-junkie

Agent
Real Name
Johnson Manes
I have to agree. There has never been an announcement for Tremors on Blu-ray. There are many who have been asking for the movie series to be released on Blu-ray yet Universal has to make any kind of announcement. What you may be referring to is the TV series. There was some indication, when Tremors the Television Series was originally announced for release, before it was delayed, that the series would be released to DVD and Blu-ray.

Fans confuse the movie series with the television series.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
The title was announced by HIGH DEF-DIGEST a while ago....just before the release date it was moved to "Release dates pending." Too bad, i was really looking forward to the title.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I remember seeing an April release date on it at one time. Not sure what happened to it.
Yeah, that time period sounds right.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
The HD-DVD of TREMORS is simply the worst "High Definition" disc release- outside of a few upconverts*- that I've ever seen. To say it looks terrible is an understatement. The massive amount of digital filtering applied along with thick, THICK edge-enhancement is disgusting. Hopefully this "delay" means that universal is actually doing a new scan of the film, although given their track record I doubt it.

Vincent

* Although to be honest, I actually think some upconverts- the Studio Canal HD-DVD of THE FOG for example- look better than the atrocity that is TREMORS on HD-DVD.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Obviously you haven't seen Koch's release of Gulliver's Travels. Next to that, Tremors looks like it was filmed yesterday.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Stephen_J_H

Obviously you haven't seen Koch's release of Gulliver's Travels. Next to that, Tremors looks like it was filmed yesterday.
My comments have nothing to do with whether TREMORS "looks like it was filmed yesterday", it has to do with the HD-DVD being an utterly atrocious looking digital mess that I hope Universal doesn't transport to Blu-ray. And no, I haven't seen that much reviled GULLIVER'S TRAVELS Blu-ray, and even if I did it wouldn't make the HD-DVD of TREMORS any less awful.

Vincent

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The BRD release of Tremors was this spring, but it never became available for preorder by any of the retailers. Something obviously, came up in preventing it's release.

As far as the HD DVD of the same title, let's just say my negative opinion of the disc isn't as strong as the previous poster even though, I agree to a certain agree with his criticisms.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks