What's new

What happened to these planned DVD releases? (1 Viewer)

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
I have been monitoring the various DVD websites for some time and have picked up snippets of info about various promised DVD releases, either first time, updated, or special edition. However, I have yet to see any definite information about the following:

True Lies
To Be Or Not To Be
(the Mel Brooks film)
Romancing The Stone
Black Rain
A Bridge Too Far
Titanic

If anyone has any info on the status of any of these, I would appreciate it if you would pass it on.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I haven't heard about Romancing The STone. It would be nice to have a SE considering it is the 20th Aniversary this year.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Are you just looking for SE's on these, or just rereleases? (you didn't say what). Off the top of my head, I have 'Romancing the Stone', 'True Lies', and 'A Bridge Too Far'.

Glenn

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
Glenn;

I am looking for new releases of the titles listed. For instance there was mention of a "5-star edition of True Lies planned by Fox as well as a special edition of Romancing the Stone.

Also, I understand a new edition of A Bridge Too Far was released in GB. The audio level on my present copy varies all over the place.

And the original release of Titanic is not even anamorphic.

To Be or Not to Be was announced by MGM but never released and a special edition of Black Rain was also promised.

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
I am pretty sure they mentioned Romancing the Stone in one of the HTF chats. Maybee there reports changed thier mind or somthing. I sure hope they do it, what a great movie.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I've heard that a special edition of True Lies was planned, but that it was scrapped as too potentially controversial after 9/11. I have also read that a new edition of Titanic was being worked on, but nothing new has come out on that for motnhs.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
These didn't get re-released? Holy crap! Wow! Ok, I'm with you now.

I don't get the new editions unless something is seriously wrong with what I have, but if I haven't got it yet and hear that it is being re-released, I'd wait.

I would scratch 'True Lies' off, though. I can imagine the billboards up for the rerelease of that, with him as gov! :)

Glenn

Haden

Supporting Actor
Fox said in its HTF chat that it is not planning to do a special edition of Romancing the Stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks