What's new

What happened to the XBox version of Spy Hunter? (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Actually, Gamespot are the only reviewers I trust these days. They are brutally honest, and that suits a gamer like me better because I don't like 90% of the games that come out. IGN was okay, but they are usually too "kind" and now that they are charging for reviews I'll never go there again.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I think Gamespot can be alright depending on who the reviewer is. For example, Joe Fielder is pretty good, but Giancarlo Varanini isn't. Depending on who's doing the review, it can either make Gamespot seem like the "tough but fair" site that it's reputed to be or just excessively whiny and nitpicky :)
But back to the Spy Hunter review, I just noticed this:
Editor's note 03/13/2002: Due to technical inconsistencies between Microsoft-provided debug hardware (used for review purposes) and retail Xbox hardware, our original review noted technical problems that are not actually present when the final version of the game is running on retail Xbox hardware. Note the review was based on 100% final code. To more-properly reflect the retail product, we have amended the original text and accordingly raised the game's graphics and gameplay scores. GameSpot regrets the error.
I don't really know what that means but it seems interesting and unusual :)

Oscar_R

Second Unit
I got a chance to see this game last night at EB.

wow, were the graphics terrible! Anyone gotten a chance to do a side by side comparison to the PS2 version?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks