What's new

What happened to the “new posts” button? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I usually browse HTF by clicking on the “new posts” button to see what people are writing regardless of which subforum it’s in, and that option appears to be missing now. Help?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don’t see a What’s New on my top banner - just the forum drop down list which doesn’t have that as an option.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Very top... in the black bar/banner. You can also select "Tools" and "New Posts" in the "What's New" section of that drop down.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 3.10.42 PM.png

@Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That did it, thanks John...

...But I gotta say, that sucks. It used to be on the top of the screen, so only one tap/button click to see new posts. Now I have to press Forum List, then open the Tools submenu, and then click it - so it’s turning one thing that was easily accessible at the top of every page to something I now I have to navigate a bunch of drop downs to get to.

I would not consider that an improvement :(

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
What’s New shows the most recent posts, regardless of whether you have read them or not. Under What’s New there is a submenu with the old New Posts button available. So again multiple button pushes to get back to what used to be easier.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It sounds like it's gone on small screens. I still see it on my computer.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I access the forum primarily through my iPhone and I don’t know how I’m going to be able to use it as much as I’m accustomed to with that layout change.

@Adam Gregorich and all the other tech gurus, any way to restore a “new posts” or “unread posts” button to the mobile interface?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
On my iPad I tap what’s new and see ten new posts in a concentrated look then more posts under that and they extend off screen on the right side.

4A531626-F8C7-4EBA-A2DD-129F8CBEB826.jpeg

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
On my computer I used to have as standard all new posts and threads highlighted, and an automatic 'go to first unread' offer. Both have gone, which makes navigating far harder.
Is there an easy guide on how to get these back?
On a personal matter, the little animated user id logos are so so so annoying; they dominate the screen in a way I never noticed before.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
On my computer I used to have as standard all new posts and threads highlighted, and an automatic 'go to first unread' offer. Both have gone, which makes navigating far harder.
Is there an easy guide on how to get these back?
On a personal matter, the little animated user id logos are so so so annoying; they dominate the screen in a way I never noticed before.
What animated user ID logos are you referring to?

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
The logos on the left hand side of the viewing page. Like where the now-antique image of myself and my wife Robyn is on my own postings. Non-animated, you'll notice, as you'd expect from a railway station camera booth in London circa 1969.
Re my first enquiry,, I did try using the 'What's new' button, but it seems to bring up new entries in every forum. Using the old system, I had a clear view of which threads in the Blu Ray forum had new entries, and could go straight to them. That easy navigation for daily checking seems to have gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks