What's new

What happened to Shadowgate? (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Shadowgate came out for the NES, then the PC, then the GameBoy/GameBoy Color. Then Shadowgate 64 came out. There was supposed to be another Shadowgate game, but it never came out and I haven't heard much about it.

So what happened to this series? The games are some of my favorites, and I have memorized them both. I can beat the first game in just under 45 minutes, and I have memorized it so much that I can nearly write a summary of the ENTIRE thing (including the solutions to puzzles).

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I played Shadowgate on the NES and loved it. Also checked it out on a Gameboy color PC emulator. Haven't seen the N64 updated version.

I'm afraid the Shadowgate style of point and click adventure games has lost favor with the general public these days, which is a shame. I think they come closest to recreating my old junior high dungeons and dragons days...

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to get picky, but it was a PC game first...

Actually, there was a game planned called Shadowgate Rising that just kind of slipped away. Just checked though, and shadowgate.com is gone, but it used to have some info on the game.

Was the N64 one any good BTW? I liked the nes game (still have it), but heard that the N64 one wasn't quite up to the standard.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The N64 one sucked, but I loved every minute of it. The graphics were pretty bad, the control was OK, but the puzzles were insanely difficult and the whole feel of the game somehow captivated me.

Its probably cheap now, you should find a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks