What's new

What happened to Michael Keaton? (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
I miss the fiery eyed Michael Keaton from the:

mr mom and gung-ho movies.

He was at his best with these movies and of course in Batman.

He has a new movie coming out soon, but why has he not been used as much as of late? Anyone know if this was his decision process?

John Watson

Screenwriter
I was thinking the same question as I debated buying the DVD of Pacific Heights - is it the thinning hair?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
He was great in Jackie Brown and Out of Sight as Ray Nicolette. I'd really like to see him do some more stuff.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Also, Keaton was in the Simpsons episode "Pokey Mom" as an ex-con that Marge tries to reach out to.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
What about his role as Dogberry in Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing?

"Don't forget, sir, that I am an ass."

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
He also was in Quicksand with Michael Caine recently. This is one of those European-funded films. It went direct-to-video over there, while it hasn't even reached the US yet.

Interestingly enough, the movie is about European film funding of a crappy B-movie with a falling star (a la Stallone) played by Michael Caine, which turns out to be a money laundering scheme.

The movie looked cheap and was terrible.

Live From Baghdad was excellent, though.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
If you're a Michael Keaton fan, I'll also put in an enthusiastic recommendation for Live from Baghdad.

Very good film.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Being a fan of Keaton in movies like Mr Mom, Gung Ho, Nightshift and Beetlejuice, I would like to see him in more comedies as I feel that's his strength. However, I said this back in 1989 and still say it today, Keaton was horribly miscast as Batman. Burton did many things wrong with Batman and hiring Keaton "just for his eyes" was just one of them. Keaton is effective as an everyman kind of character and Batman is anything but.

I was entertained by Multiplicity, as well. Wasn't bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks