What happened to Johnny Cash Show?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by RobinO, Oct 21, 2005.

1. RobinO

RobinO Stunt Coordinator

TVshowsondvd announced that The Johnny Cash Show Collection was going to be released on November 15th and I saw it listed on DDD at one time. Now that I was planning on ordering it the show seems to have disappeared.
    Anyone know what happened?

In an unrelated question - what does UMD stand for?

Thanks for any help -

Robin

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I'll have to look into that. The title has indeed disappeared from Sony's release schedule; I wonder why.

UMD = "Universal Media Disc", and is a Sony-designed format currently used only on the Sony-made videogame system called the PlayStation Portable (PSP). For more info, try this link. [​IMG]

3. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Maybe they're planning on releasing it when WALK THE LINE hits DVD, instead of theaters.

4. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    According to a posting on the message board at the official Johnny Cash website by Peter Lewry, a Cash scholar,

That's all it says. Note that it is the poster's opinion that it is just delayed. Another poster indicated he was told it was cancelled outright.

5. Scott_F_S

Scott_F_S Second Unit

I would imagine there might be some seriously complicated music rights issues with this show?

6. RobinO

RobinO Stunt Coordinator

Thank you David for clearing up what UMD is. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me but then again I don't have anything to do with those things called playstations :S

All I can say about The Johnny Cash Show is [​IMG] My husband was all excited about this one.

Robin