1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to "Bob" from Becker?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by David_Jr, Nov 20, 2003.

1. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    He seems to have been replaced by a guy named Hector. I haven't seen every episode. Did I miss something or did he just disappear? Bob was real funny. Hector is not.

2. phil-w

phil-w Stunt Coordinator

I agree, bring back bob!

3. Jim Douglas

Jim Douglas Second Unit

I think I read Becker had been cancelled. Anybody know for sure? I did like Bob on there.....
    Later
    Jim

4. Michael St. Clair

I quit watching the moment they ditched Terry Farrell.

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I always watched "Becker" on Sundays, I like the show a lot, but I've kept missing Becker since they switched the time. [​IMG]

I too miss Bob, this new guy is basically the same character but not as funny. They must have introduced him and explained Bob's absence right away, because I missed the beginning of the new season.

/Mike

6. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

I hope the guy who played Bob took a stand against the TERRIBLE decision to get rid of Terry Ferrell, rather than the producers being STUPID enough to get rid of his character as well! I really liked the Bob character, and I watched one episode this year and the Hector character is just plain LAME.

7. David_Jr

Dave
    True. Terry Farrel was much better than Nancy Travis. MY wife says she left the show because she got married to the Sprint PCS cell phone commercial guy.

8. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

9. Michael St. Clair

I'm fairly sure that newspaper and magazine articles last year said that Farrell was booted and that it was a 'creative' decision.

I'm not 100% sure, though.

10. Michael St. Clair

OK, here is the scoop:

"The firing came "completely" as a surprise, Farrell says. "I've been trying to adjust to the shock of it, quite honestly. It's hard not to take it a little personally, for someone to say, 'You did a great job, but we don't need you anymore.' Especially with the last three stories (when Reggie's feelings for Becker intensified), you could only think, 'This has to be a really bad joke. After 94 episodes, I don't understand.'" "

She did later marry the Sprint guy...ceremony was at the top of the faux Eiffel Tower in Vegas.

11. David_Jr

Dave
    Michael,thanks for the scoop on Farrell. Nothing on Bob though, huh? Anyone know what his real name is?

12. MickeS

MickeS Producer

"Bob" is played by Saverio Guerra. He was in a few episodes of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", but I don't know anything else about him.