What's new

What happened to Blue Jeans Cable Thread? (1 Viewer)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
A few things got said that upset someone, and we need to be careful about including pictures in our posts. (Both a bandwidth and copyright issues).

Not really your fault so please dont take it personally.

So how do you like your cable? Also, let us know what size display and what source you were using. This sometimes makes a difference in how a cable performs.

Ole

Stunt Coordinator
I must have missed all the excitement. Please send me a PM or email with the specifics so I can avoid falling into or setting another trap.

My source is either a DVD,unfortunately not a progressive version or Comcast digital cable going to a Panny 53" HDTV.

The component cable I purchased from Blue Jeans Cable, a 25 footer direct from the DVD to the TV is doing it's job, I just need to get a better source to really see it work.

I can verify another post about cable upgrades that when I upgraded to a cable modum Comcast replaced the pole to pole drop with quad shield RG-6 and verified the underground and interior wiring as the good stuff from my previous digital cable box upgrade. They did a signal check, replaced a splitter and tweaked the signal into the sweet range. Even so, I am now seeing some mushiness of the picture on some channels with my 53" HD Panny I never noticed with my 27" Mitsubisi. My digital cable box only has a composite output to my TV.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
While replacing the CATV coax is good, that TV is capable of much more resolution/image quality than your digital cable box can provide. You are going to see artifacts until the cable service starts providing HD signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks