What's new

What happened to Battle of the Planets? (1 Viewer)

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Six volumes (12 episodes, released in order), and then... nothing. Were the sales too poor to continue the series?

James Reader

Screenwriter
At the last San Diego Comic Con, it was mentioned that Rhino would start to release Battle of the Planets Box Sets. I'm not sure if these would include the Gatcheman episodes, like on the single disc releases or not.

Just a quick addition

Volume 7 and 8 are out in Australia (and like the R1 sets, feature the alternative episodes).

Vol 7
Vol 8

I expect these a still being produced as Rhino will be boxing them. I doubt sales in Austraila along would be enough to keep the series going.

Another Quick Addition
Here's the news story from one of the websites:

http://www.chronicsite.com/gatchaman/botpnews.html

Update August 12, 2002: During the Battle of the Planets voice actor's panel at the2002 San Diego Comic Con, a representative of Rhino Home Video announced that they will be releasing a BOTP DVD Box Set (with 4-5 discs) -- with episodes "in chronological order." At this time, I do not know which episodes will be released; only that it will not be a repeat of previous Rhino BotP releases. As with the previous releases, each disc will include the corresponding G-Force GOS episodes as well as the uncut Gatchaman episodes with English subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks