What's new

What happened on Friends 5-8-03? (1 Viewer)

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
The One With The Donor

Disappointed to learn that they cannot conceive naturally, Monica and Chandler mull their options. When Chandler brings home a handsome, unknowing co-worker, Zack(John Stamos), for dinner, Monica and Chandler embarassingly "interview" him as a potential sperm donor. Meanwhile, while shopping with Phoebe, Rachel confides that she is enamored with Joey. Unfortunately, Joey's current girlfriend, Charlie(Aisha Tyler), overhears. Ross must convince the head of the Paleontology convention to book him as a key-note speaker. Phoebe encounters her scientist ex-boyfriend, David(Hank Azaria) who is permanently back from Minsk.

Source:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/friendstv/container.html

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
I am ashamed to admit that I watched it. Rachel and Joey are the only two likeable characters left on that show.

Phoebe - Looks too old now, and the 'ditzy' thing is overplayed.

Monica - went from humorously fastidious to absurdly neurotic and obsessive. Not funny, OR believable.

Chandler - went from funny main character to annoying wretch. Out of place and obnoxiously spineless.

Ross - do I have to say anything? He was never good. Now he's terrible.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Phoebe was attractive in that black dress though.

But you're right, just about every character has become too over the top. The most noteworthy(?) is Monica and Ross. Jiminy Christmas, can't they come up with -something- for these characters to be about? Nah, Ross is just a blabbering idiot and NEVER does anything for me to either like him or at least identify with. Monica and her obsessive compulsion for clean/neat..that's just way, way old and tired.

But I do watch it. Joey is the saving grace of the show.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
The people who wish Seinfeld was still on the air, should look at Friends as an example of how a show becomes a caricature of itself when it's on the air for too long.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

That summary forgets to mention that Charlie mistakenly thinks Phoebe is the one who has a crush on Joey, not Rachel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks