What GC game should I buy? suggestions please.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith_R, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    hey all, I'm about to buy a GC with one game. I would like to get suggestions on what I should consider getting for my one game. I was thinking possibly getting either Crazy Taxi,SSB:M, or Super Monkey Ball. For the time being I'll probably be playing by myself until I can get an extra controller. Would these games hold up as good single player games? any other games I should also consider looking at? typically I don't like sports games but I can be open-minded[​IMG] so feel free to name some more games off please. Thanks.

2. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I think Rouge Squadron II is generally considered the best Gamecube game, but since I haven't got either, I couldn't tell you. here you can see Gamespot's pick for GameCube games. Rouge Squadron is 1st, Tony Hawk 3 is 2nd, and Pikmin is 3rd. Super Smath Brothers is 4th, and Super Monkey Ball came in 6th. So your choices look solid, except for Crazy Taxi, which got a 4.9 out of 10.

3. Stephen L

Stephen L Second Unit

Madden 2002 awesome football game & it is very good in 1 player mode.After that SSB , Hawk or Rogue.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I have Luigi and RS, and RS is better for long term, but Luigi is quite fun. I have heard good things about Super Monkey Ball, Super Smash Brothers, Pikmin, and some others.

5. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Super Smash brothers is great.

but it doesn't get tiresome single player after awhile (i've had it like 5 days and i've played it a lot, but i'm getting bored)

Tony Hawk is a really good game as well, it lasted me a lot longer...then again i'm a freak and finished it with every character to unlock everything

6. Barry S

Barry S Stunt Coordinator

This quote from that review irks me.

7. PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom Second Unit

I'm with you in that I've only got one controller so here are the games I've played and how I'd rank them from bottom to top:
    4. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
    3. Super Monkey Ball
    2. Pikmin
    1. Wave Race: Blue Storm
    The next game I'll get is Luigi's Mansion.
    Pieter

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Stunt Coordinator

My top picks are definately:

1. Pikmen

2. Luigi's Mansion

3. Super Monkeyball

I was very disappointed to find out that The Simpson's Road Rage is the same as Crazy Taxi, the only major difference being the use of characters from the Simpson's. (If I had to choose between the two, it would definately be Road Rage -- it was good for a few laughs).