What's new

What GC game should I buy? suggestions please. (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
hey all, I'm about to buy a GC with one game. I would like to get suggestions on what I should consider getting for my one game. I was thinking possibly getting either Crazy Taxi,SSB:M, or Super Monkey Ball. For the time being I'll probably be playing by myself until I can get an extra controller. Would these games hold up as good single player games? any other games I should also consider looking at? typically I don't like sports games but I can be open-minded:) so feel free to name some more games off please. Thanks.

Ike

Screenwriter
I think Rouge Squadron II is generally considered the best Gamecube game, but since I haven't got either, I couldn't tell you. here you can see Gamespot's pick for GameCube games. Rouge Squadron is 1st, Tony Hawk 3 is 2nd, and Pikmin is 3rd. Super Smath Brothers is 4th, and Super Monkey Ball came in 6th. So your choices look solid, except for Crazy Taxi, which got a 4.9 out of 10.

Stephen L

Second Unit
Madden 2002 awesome football game & it is very good in 1 player mode.After that SSB , Hawk or Rogue.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have Luigi and RS, and RS is better for long term, but Luigi is quite fun. I have heard good things about Super Monkey Ball, Super Smash Brothers, Pikmin, and some others.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Super Smash brothers is great.

but it doesn't get tiresome single player after awhile (i've had it like 5 days and i've played it a lot, but i'm getting bored)

Tony Hawk is a really good game as well, it lasted me a lot longer...then again i'm a freak and finished it with every character to unlock everything

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator
This quote from that review irks me.

Crazy Taxi was a fun game two years ago.
And for those of us who didn't own Dreamcasts two years ago? It's not fun anymore?

This kind of attitude about games really bugs me. If it's not the latest and greatest then it sucks. It's it's not on Xbox, PS2 or GameCube then it sucks. If it wasn't released in the past three months, it sucks. Not everyone is up on all the current hardware and software. I'm certainly behind, but I don't care. I care more about playing a fun, entertaining game than just having what's new and hot. Hell, I still play games from the Dark Ages, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Legend of Zelda, etc and you know what, they're still fun to me.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I'm with you in that I've only got one controller so here are the games I've played and how I'd rank them from bottom to top:
4. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
3. Super Monkey Ball
2. Pikmin
1. Wave Race: Blue Storm
The next game I'll get is Luigi's Mansion.
Pieter

Kirsten

Stunt Coordinator
My top picks are definately:

1. Pikmen

2. Luigi's Mansion

3. Super Monkeyball

I was very disappointed to find out that The Simpson's Road Rage is the same as Crazy Taxi, the only major difference being the use of characters from the Simpson's. (If I had to choose between the two, it would definately be Road Rage -- it was good for a few laughs).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks