What's new

What games have you regretted buying lately? (1 Viewer)

Adrian_S

Second Unit
Since we are on the topic of games that suck, what do you guys think of the following:
Death to Rights
TimeSplitters 2
Blinx
I just ordered these with the buy 2 get 1 free for my Xbox, and I haven't played any of them. Your opinions would be appreciated, just in case I need to cancel... :)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms. Ugh, terrible followup to an incredible game (Total Annihilation and Total Annihilation: Core Contingency were awesome!).

I was also very disappointed with Grim Fandango. I could never get into that game at all. I guess I just have this mental block against Mexican/Latin American culture (I'm not fond of Mexican food either, but I don't mind Corona, go figure).

Oscar_R

Second Unit
chalk me up for Mario Sunshine. gamecube returns to collecting dust, once again.
sigh
at least until phanatsy Star Online comes out in 9 days ;)
oh, and Metroid :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
For PS2 ... couldn't make myself play through Kingdom Hearts either.
nothing for X-Box since mine up and died on me for no reason. But i've whined about that enough.
Currently playing Ikagura !!!

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Since we are on the topic of games that suck, what do you guys think of the following:
Death to Rights
TimeSplitters 2
Blinx
I haven't played Dead to Rights, but Timesplitters 2 didn't grab me. I've heard that part of the reason might be that I just tried single player mode and it's apparently a game mostly designed to be multiplayer. I have Blinx and I quite like it but then it seems to be one of those love/hate kind of games so who knows how anyone would react to it before playing it :)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, Eternal Darkness. The game I bought a Gamecube for. :frowning: ZZZzzzz..... At least I found Beach Spikers. :)
Wipeout Fusion was a huge disappointment as well.
-Dave

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Super Mario Sunshine
- I remember being happy and excited when I finished Super Mario 64 with all 120 stars. I don't get that same sense of satisfaction with Sunshine though. :frowning:
I'm still playing through Eternal Darkness to get the uber cool ending.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Death to Rights
TimeSplitters 2
Blinx
I haven't played Blinx, but I have the other two games. Dead to Rights is very cool but with some faults that keep it from being a truly great game. The biggest problem is when you fight baddies with your fists. You can punch, kick, and throw baddies, and that is it. It gets very repetitious and can be quite frustrating at times. The worst stuff in the game is all at the beginning, particularly in the third stage, in which you are weaponless for quite some time. It's just fight prisoner after prisoner after prisoner. But trust me, once you get past that part, the game really picks up and becomes quite interesting.
As for Time Splitters 2, I can't really say that much about it since I only picked it up yesterday. It does feel a lot like Goldeneye in many ways, which is a good thing. The control is smooth and the game runs at a constant 60 fps, but at the expense of some graphical finesse. I'll have to play more of it before I make a final decision.
I would have to say that the most disappointing game I've played recently would have to be Star Fox Adventures. It's not that the game was bad; it just turned into another Rare treasure hunt. Worst of all, I found the game to be remarkably easy with the exception of a few spots. This ultimately left me feeling a bit hollow, because it didn't feel like I accomplished anything by beating it.

John Bryant

Second Unit
Madden 2003. I promised myself I would stick to NCAA Football 2003 as my only fb game this year. Then I happened upon a network adapter, and thought Madden Online would steal away my life. I have played 2 games total, and haven't touched it in weeks. Anyone want to trade Kingdom Hearts or Star Fox Adventures for it?
Add Beach Spikers to that list.

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
I have really enjoyed Dead to Rights. Great storyline so far, great action, and great attitude. I have taken a break from it, since I'm stuck on Chapter nine, but I look forward to getting back to it. I have been stuck quite a few times before, and have eventually gotten past.

Not an easy game, but great fun.

Mark Giles

Second Unit
Add me to the Mario Sunshine list.

I Couldn't believe how dissatisfying Sunshine was. I went out this past Saturday and bought a new cube and memory stick just because of Sunshine. I too was very impressed with Mario 64, but doesnt sunshine remind you of M64 with beefed up graphics and a waterpack? I coulda just played my old 64 if I was looking for the same sort of thing. After the carnival level, I havnt played it since. Instead went and bought a water cooler and case for my PC. It's back to UT2003 and co. As far as the Cube, at least I can look forward to Metroid and Zelda.

But if all else fails with consoles go back to Windows.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I don't buy many games, but on a whim I picked up Hitman 2 because it was $39.99 at CompUSA. So far I guess I like it, but I fear it will become rather redundant once Splinter Cell comes out. With all the excellent games on the horizon, I kind of regret dropping the green on HM2, but there's nothing really WRONG with the game. If it had come out 2 months ago, I'd probably be very happy with it.
It's just that I buy maybe 5 games a year, and there are at least 8 titles coming out between now and Xmas that I am very excited about. What was I thinking? :)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the same boat on Hitman 2, I think. I grabbed it and...it's a GOOD game but when I look at all the other games coming out soon that I'm interested in, I can't help feeling that I should have held out.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
You didn't like SoF2? I guess im easily amused... LOOK GUTS! hahaha i blew off that guys' arm! Huhhuhhuh, i shot him in the groin and he grabbed himself ;) Thats all im thinking during the game :D
Anyways, THPS3 was good at first, but too repetitive i felt... Oldie i know, i havbnet gotten anyhting new for awhile

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Bloodrayne.

It got such mixed reviews. 6.8 here, 9.2 there. It starts off great, but turns into a repetitive mess half way through.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks