What's new

What game is currently sucking the life out of you currently? (1 Viewer)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
On top of which, how can a video game be so far beyond the lame movie on which it's based?!?!?!
Heh. My thoughts exactly (although Famke Janssen was cool. She's always cool :)) I think they've got a thread about this over on the movie board...

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I was up to 4 a.m. playing Morrowind last night. :) I am so involved with this game that when I got home from work yesterday I saw that my son was watching the Harry Potter movie (again). It was at the part where Harry and Hagrid are just about to enter into Diagon Alley and are walking past three barrels. The first thing that popped into my head was that Harry should check out the barrels ... it is rather sad.
Chris

ChrisV

Second Unit
Morrowind for me too. Good lord, there's a lot to do in that game! It's sucking up all my free time and there's no end in sight. :D

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Right now it's Smash Bros when I can get the guys together, and I may play Res Evil for the third time before ED comes out in just over a week. Then it'll be ED for the rest of the month at least :emoji_thumbsup:
Computer-wise, it's still about CounterStrike for me. Also like the occasional game of Monopoly Tycoon multiplayer and Serious Sam: The Second Encounter is gonna get some playtime in a bit. Oh, Red Alert 2 as well is still wearing a groove in the CD drive.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Nothing for me. I need a good game to come out for ANYTHING. Or at least a good game that I'm interested in. I'm not sold yet on ED. I'll be waiting for reviews on that one. Other than that, it looks like I'll be holding off until July before anything I want hits. Let's see, right now I'm considering Crazy taxi 3 and Enclave for the XBOX. Both are scheduled for the end of July. With the possible exception of ED for GC, the PS2, GC, and GBA have nothing I want through the rest of June or all of July.

Now the PC. It has some HUGE releases coming. Warcraft III hits in July, but I'm not getting that since i do not play any RTS games, but I thought it was worth mentioning since it will be huge. Neverwinter Nights is another type of game that I normally don't play, but there is an outside chance I may try this one. But the game I REALLY want if Unreal Tournament 2003. This one is supposed to ship the last day of July, so it probably wont hit stores until the first of August. I will have to force myself away from my PC once this game launches. I easily spent hundreds of hours with UT, played in clans, tracked my stats on Ngworldstats, etc... I loved it.

Aaron

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
My main game is Anarchy Online. When I'm not playing it, my gaming time is split between Hunter: The Reckoning, WSB 2K3, Halo and Hot Shots Golf 3 with Hunter getting the most play. I recently bought DOA3 for the XBox and MGS2 for the PS2 used and I haven't even started them. I've purposefully avoided Morrowind because I just don't have the time to play it.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I'm waiting on Unreal Tournament as well. When I get my next computer, I am going to do alot more online gaming. With that in mind, I have a question about Everquest-I've never played it and if I were to start up now, what could I expect? Not gaming tips, but, how far behind would a person be?

Bruce

John Bryant

Second Unit
Bruce-Please don't start EQ. It's just not worth it. To answer your question, you technically would not be "behind", since people start new characters and new players join the game every day. But just stay away.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Summer.

It's too nice to waste time playing videogames. EQ is on hold, Morrowind is on hold, and I'm pretty much going to ignore videogames until Sept.

Mike

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Bruce,
EQ's a great game, but it's seriously showing its age. I've been playing for 2+ years and I'm not even going to get the next expansion pack simply because Star Wars Galaxies and EQ 2 are just around the corner. The problem is that if you get wrapped up in it now, you could potentially waste all this time playing only to get EQ2 or SWG in a few months and then have to start all over again.

Mike

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I have a question about Everquest-I've never played it and if I were to start up now, what could I expect?
Suffice it to say I disagree with Mike_G...
EQ still is fresh and fun today for me. But that is because I am in a fun guild of interesting people who know their classes and arent of the 'go uber or go home' mentality. Not quite uber, not quite casual.
EQ is a LOT easier to start now than it was 3 years ago. The gear you can obtain for nearly free will allow you to solo to level 20 and beyond, and there is always a core of people levelling their alts up, so fighting along side twinks makes the pace fast and furious.
For good eq info see:
www.everquest.com
eq.crgaming.com
www.graffe.com
The key is finding a good guild full of similarly levelled people. My guild is to the point where we cant really support anyone under level 30 or so, just none of our core players are that low level. There are a LOT of low level guilds tho, you can find them easily at the message boards for each server.
Like I said, I suggest starting on a mature server like mine:
Link Removed
If you have questions about eq, fire em over to [email protected]
Sam

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
EQ still is fresh and fun today for me. But that is because I am in a fun guild of interesting people who know their classes and arent of the 'go uber or go home' mentality. Not quite uber, not quite casual.
That's not the point I was trying to make. Just because you think that EQ is still "Fresh and Fun" doens't mean that it's good for someone to get into the game TODAY when two other MMPORPGs are coming out within the next few months (and from the same company, no less). I never said EQ wasn't fresh or fun, but that someone's going to waste their time getting to at BEST level 30 before Dec. only to probably jump ship and go to SWG or EQ2. Bruce asked "how far behind" he would be. Since he has a lot of catching up to do wrt the massive game that EQ is, I'd probably say that it's best to wait until you can get to start a game at the ground level. It's impossible to absorb everything that EQ is in a short preiod of time. Class play, tradeskills, simple courtesy, maps, directions, web sites, etc. It's stunning how big EQ is, and SWG is going to be eight times that! Each planet in SWG is going to be the size of EQ, and there are 8 planets!

It's different when you're paying every month to play. Even Sony is giving out free accounts now. I got one about 2 weeks ago in my email. Why? Because they know that EQ's life is almost over and they have to continue their EQ revenue stream until SWG and EQ2 are ready.

EQ's biggest problem is that you can't do much until you've reached certain levels, and you can't reach certain levels as fast as you'd like. Even with power leveling, it'll take MONTHS for someone to get to level 46 to even SEE the planes, let alone survive them. Traveling is a hassle unless you're a wizzy or a druid, and even with that you can't level yourself until you're roughly level 20 (depending on class), so unless you can hitch a ride you're stuck in the same area for MONTHS while you work on getting your character higher. If you're a wizzy and you want to travel, you might have a tough time soloing since you can't snare as early as a druid can (hint: can you tell what kind of character I play?). If you want to get a character to level 20 within a month it would take almost 24/7 playing. Who can do that?

I'd say either get a free account to try it out, or wait a few months and start from the ground level like the rest of us. I'm definitely going to dump EQ and move to EQ2 as soon as it comes out. EQ's taken up enough of my life, it's time to explore what I can until late in the year, kill my account, and start something new with EQ2 or SWG.

As much of a SW fan I am, I'm probably going to try it, but stick with EQ2. Something about the SW Universe on a daily basis just doesn't feel right.

Mike

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Medal of Honor frontline, but will have to stop Wednesday when school starts back up, that's why I rented it instead of buying it. Finals was a bitch!!

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Currently I'm into:
GTA3
Frequency (LOVE this game!)
Ace Combat 4
Virtua Fighter 4

It's funny, while I've never been all that intersted in Konami's Bemani games, Sony's Frequency has had me addicted from the word go...

Oscar_R

Second Unit
Ace Combat 4!!!!!!
i love this game, won't take you long to go through it though. Went through the entire gameon Normal twice and once on Hard. i have yet to complete it on Ace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks