What's new

What Forgotten Films do you want on Blu ray or 4K? (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I think it's time I made my usual choice: The Hell With Heroes, which does now seem to have been forgotten.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
more titles needing some restoration and get them out of the hands of the Bootleggers!!!

Attachments

• fiuzwdZYSqs7CsJKJmoYRBMv03Z.jpg
    fiuzwdZYSqs7CsJKJmoYRBMv03Z.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 24
  • s-l500-2.jpg
    s-l500-2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 29
  • s-l500-3.jpg
    s-l500-3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 25
  • s-l500-4.jpg
    s-l500-4.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 25
  • s-l500-5.jpg
    s-l500-5.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 26
  • s-l500-8.jpg
    s-l500-8.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 25
  • s-l500-6.jpg
    s-l500-6.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 35
  • s-l500-9.jpg
    s-l500-9.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 25
  • s-l500-10.jpg
    s-l500-10.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 32
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 28

chrislong2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
3 more recent entries from the 90's:

Trapped in Paradise [under-rated Christmas movie starring Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz, Nicolas Cage]
The Last Brickmaker in America [Sidney Poitier's last role]
Walking Across Egypt [excellent performance from Ellen Burstyn]

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Gunn (1967) hasn’t had an official disc release. As one who has enjoyed watching the earlier TV series, Peter Gunn, on DVD, I wish this film would finally become available on Blu.
I would love it, too. When I asked the Kino Lorber Insider about it some years back -- in The Other Site (may not have been the current Insider) -- he said there were issues keeping it from home video. A bit vague, but I suspect music clearances are the culprit.

I did some searching. There was a comment by the (presumably current) KL Insider last May saying "GUNN has a large music clearance price tag attached to it. At least it did a few years ago."

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
Speaking of the great Ellen Burstyn, how about some overdue regard for her splendid performance in Resurrection (1980), with Sam Shepard, Richard Farnsworth, and a rare film appearance by Eva Le Gallienne. I tracked down a DVD copy, but this touching story is deserving of a rediscovery (both Burstyn and Le Gallienne were Oscar nominated) and it needs a Blu-ray release.

Attachments

• B2F4DA6D-441D-4C90-A425-81252C01E2D9.jpeg
    B2F4DA6D-441D-4C90-A425-81252C01E2D9.jpeg
    401.1 KB · Views: 17

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Speaking of the great Ellen Burstyn, how about some overdue regard for her splendid performance in Resurrection (1980), with Sam Shepard, Richard Farnsworth, and a rare film appearance by Eva Le Gallienne. I tracked down a DVD copy, but this touching story is deserving of a rediscovery (both Burstyn and Le Gallienne were Oscar nominated) and it needs a Blu-ray release.

There is one. Universal put out a pressed-MOD Blu-ray three years ago. One of their minimal effort deals: no menu, and subtitles can only be turned on via the remote. It should be available at Amazon, maybe GRUV.

Resurrection.jpg

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
There is one. Universal put out a pressed-MOD Blu-ray three years ago. One of their minimal effort deals: no menu, and subtitles can only be turned on via the remote. It should be available at Amazon, maybe GRUV.

View attachment 169358
I couldn’t find it on a cursory Amazon search, just a different DVD than the one I got several years ago. Presumably it wasn’t restored in any way being that bare bones. I’ll keep digging, thanks.
Edit: You’re right, one did come up beyond the DVD. Much appreciated. I highly recommend the film. It deserves a better release than a MOD not remastered.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Much appreciated. I highly recommend the film. It deserves a better release than a MOD not remastered.

You'll get no argument from me. I get weepy just thinking about the ending. After Criterion released Seconds, I thought that they'd be just right to release a terrific disc of Resurrection (the two movies are written by the same person: Lewis John Carlino). Universal never seemed to understand how to market the film.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
You'll get no argument from me. I get weepy just thinking about the ending. After Criterion released Seconds, I thought that they'd be just right to release a terrific disc of Resurrection (the two movies are written by the same person: Lewis John Carlino). Universal never seemed to understand how to market the film.
Totally agree. Carlino was also responsible for The Sailor Who Fell From Grace with the Sea, which surprisingly Scorpion did release a couple of years ago on Blu-ray, though I haven’t gotten it. (I saw a pre-release showing at the USA Film Festival which Carlino himself attended and fielded questions). But all that brings me to I Never Promised You a Rose Garden, with a superb leading performance by Kathleen Quinlan, for which Carlino co-wrote the screenplay. As best I can tell, that has gone wanting for a Blu-ray release.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Would love for these to get the 4K treatment.

Krull.jpg

il_500x500.4341005520_84qs.jpg

514N7KV1QCL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
Sony owns Krull, they could release it themselves or could be licensed out to Shout Factory or another company.

WB re-releases The Never Ending Story quiet enough that they would likely do a 4K box of junk edition for it.

Shout Factory would be your best choice/chance for It Came From Hollywood as they've released other compilation films such as Terror In The Aisles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks