What's new

What Forgotten Films do you want on Blu ray or 4K? (1 Viewer)

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
The Jerusalem File (1972)
Ruby (1992)
Disraeli (1929)

Any and all of the Italian Peplum films on the 1950s and 1960s. Kino and some others have cranked out a few but the rest are in horrible shape on pan/scan dvd.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
PROFESSOR BEWARE (1938) is not considered as one of Harold Lloyd's top films but it's a favorite of mine. I saw it on television back in the early sixties before any of his earlier work was available to view.

Attachments

• lloyd PROF.jpg
    lloyd PROF.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 25

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
BEAUTIFUL THING (only available on Blu-ray in France), IO NON HO PAURA (I'M NOT SCARED), and 12 AND HOLDING.

Vincent

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Gunn (1967) hasn’t had an official disc release. As one who has enjoyed watching the earlier TV series, Peter Gunn, on DVD, I wish this film would finally become available on Blu.

I would love it, too. When I asked the Kino Lorber Insider about it some years back -- in The Other Site (may not have been the current Insider) -- he said there were issues keeping it from home video. A bit vague, but I suspect music clearances are the culprit.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
A couple foreign films I still have on VHS would be nice to have on Blu Ray, or even DVD!
1) LES MISERABLES 1995 Claude Lelouch directing Jean Paul Belmondo With English sub-titles. This
one won the Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Film.
2) THE WANNSEE CONFERENCE 1984 Reconstruction of the Third Reich "Final Solution" Conference
from the secretary's notes in virtually real time. Again with English sub-titles.

Lasermanfan

Agent
Real Name
Tyson
As has been mentioned in various threads before, to the approaching doom of the archaic habit of collecting physical formats. There are still those of us that truly delight in having a disc in our hands, and being able to watch for ourselves and sharing them with those we love. Although many film titles are available on dvds or at least available in alturnate formats, there are still many films missing in the lineup of offerings.
Those MIA titles need to be recognised and perhaps even celebrated by those of us that would really want to see our long lost favorites spotlighted and honored. Granted, not all of these will be concidered Blockbusters, yet these films do hold a special place in our hearts. Some were released as either a dvd or in MOD format, and some not at all, still in any case, they truely need an HD or UHD facelift!!

Yeah Yeah, I can hear the retorts as I write this...but let's say "in a perfect world" What titles in your hitlist would YOU want to see with full restoration and disc release in any HD format?
For me my forst 2 would be:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_with_Green_Hair
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_1900
"Looking for Mr. Goodbar" 1977 Diane Keaton and "Little Darlings" 1980 Tatum O'Neal. Would be amazing to have the TV version of "Little Darlings" as an extra. Many scenes added in the TV version. Both from Paramount which I hear are too cheap to pay for the music rights on both movies.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
My definition of a "forgotten film" is something that was released on videotape (if at all), and then never available on any other format

Last Summer (1969)
Fortune and Men's Eyes (1971)
Some of My Best Friends Are (1971) -- this was available for streaming/purchase for a very short time on Amazon, but has disappeared
And my definition is a tad broader, encompassing movies that, for one reason or another will never see the light of day. A complete version of Capra's Lost Horizon, Cukor's A Star is Born, and Mankiewicz's 6-hr. cut of Cleopatra fall under this header. There's also rumored to be a director's cut of Nancy Meyers/Charles Shyers' I Love Trouble that was originally slated for a LaserDisc release but then quietly vanished without a trace when DVD was announced.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This won't ring a bell for almost anyone, but there is a 1978 Japanese animated film that I would like to be able to get on Blu-ray at least. The film was called "Metamorphosis", released over here as "Winds of Change".

The film was an anthology film that told the stories of Ovid set to a pop/disco soundtrack. The original release was narration free and apparently had a soundtrack made up of throwaway songs from some well-known musical acts and singers. The version I saw was where a narration by Peter Ustinov was added and the soundtrack was replaced. It was an odd mix of greek mythology backed by a pop/disco ST.

It is not a film that would likely interest anyone without an interest in anime, but I would certainly like to get a copy of it.

Edit: So many typos. God I hate touch screen phone keyboards.

Ed

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Based on some comments here, these won't qualify as "forgotten films", but I consider them such...

Most of John Sayles's directorial efforts. He directed 18 movies, and only 5 have been released on Blu-ray: Baby It's You, Matewan, Eight Men Out, Passion Fish (on Spanish BD only) and Honeydripper (on BD-R only).

But wonderful indie films like The Return of the Secaucus Seven, The Brother from Another Planet, The Secret of Roan Inish, Lone Star, Men with Guns, et alia, are nowhere to be found.

On the other hand, it's the (mostly) low-budget genre films that he wrote but didn't direct that are getting BD -- and UHD -- love.

Very frustrating.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
"Looking for Mr. Goodbar" 1977 Diane Keaton and "Little Darlings" 1980 Tatum O'Neal. Would be amazing to have the TV version of "Little Darlings" as an extra. Many scenes added in the TV version. Both from Paramount which I hear are too cheap to pay for the music rights on both movies.
LITTLE DARLINGS is coming this year: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=357753

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks