What's new

What Football game to get... (1 Viewer)

hey everyone..

Now with all the Pro football games out, im wondering what everyone thinks is the best one out there.... for either xbox or ps2, I allready have NCAA 2003 and love it...

What is the best game out there.

Thanks for the input

AlexGoodman

Agent
In my humble opinion, you already have the best football game this year. I've played NCAA 2003, Madden, and NFL2K3, and, for me, NCAA is easily the most fun of the bunch this year.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Blitz 20-03. Slept at friends house with few people, and on Cube, and PS2, Midway did such a great job , as always, capturing the arcade-esque feel. Such damn fun.

Wow, takes alot for me to give props to Ps2. :b

-Bert

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I've heard a lot of positive things about NFL2K3.
Nothing from personal experience however.
:frowning:

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I don't have enough experience to give a strong comment at this point, but I have played/seen a couple of games of NFL2K3 on the Xbox and I have Madden 2003 on the PS2.
- Graphically, my nod goes to 2K3 but that probably had more to do with it being on the Xbox than anything.
- Play-calling screens are a toss up: neither is bad or anything, but the Madden interface just seems a little "old school" to me.
- The kicking game is a bit harder in 2K3, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The direction arrow moves while in Madden it is stationary.
- In a previous incarnation of Madden (2001 I think), it seemed like if you made a mistake on defense that you gave up a TD. Again, that likely had a lot to do with my lack of sufficient playing time, but I have found 2003 to be similar (though I seem to be better than when I played 2001 at least :)).
- Create-A-Team, Franchise mode, Mini-Camp, Madden 101, etc. are all nice features in Madden 2003. Also, the Madden cards are neat to try to collect though I don't think I would actually use them in game situations (I am more interested in getting the historic teams and players). 2K3 does not have all of these options though I guess there are some classic teams you can unlock.
Overall, my initial reaction to Madden 2003 is positive, with just a tinge of disappointment. Once I put some more time into it we'll see how I feel. 2K3 impressed me pretty much. Online play would be major factor though you appear to have both systems so you could go online either way. I'm leaning towards recommending Madden, but 2K3 would be right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks