What's new

What fad would you like to see die out? (1 Viewer)

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
People wearing their pants at mid thigh is anoying, I wouldnt mind seeing that fad go away.

Boy/Girl bands should just disapear.

Psychic phone lines should be eradicated.

Care to add to the list?

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Yes ... all LIMP BIZKIT and other look/sound alikes ...

But I give this another year max and it will happen!

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Those kids driving around in those rice rockets with the garbage can exhaust. They sound like a Pinto with a broken muffler bracket.

Never gave it much thought but those mods they do can cost upwards of 20 grand. How kids get that kind of cashflow and not work is beyond me.

Chris

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
1.Rap/Metal(Limp Bizkit, Korn, Disturbed and so on)
2.Skateboarding(It sucks when your driving and skateboarders fall off into the road:angry:)
3."Punk"(A can't stand what MTV and the mainstream call punk bands now a days. How many Blink 182, Good Charlotte, A New Found Glory bands do we need)
4.Home Theater Forum(just kidding :D)
Chris the answer is simple but sad. Dad/Mom buys them a car, pays for there insurance, and gives them alot of gas money each week. Then with there 200 dollar a week allowance(yes i know someone who gets this much) they slowly upgrade there car. Therefore they have no reason to work.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
1. Boybands
2. Brand name clothes (cant we all just wear unlabled stuff? Im too poor to buy all that brand name stuff)
3. Pan and Scan
4. Rap (sorry, i hate it)
Brett, you've just totally killed everything i believe in.. :frowning: well not everything, and not killed... I do like KoRn and Disturbed and stuff, a real nice way to vent anger IMHO... Skatboarding? yeah i do some of that, though not too good... so that can pass... but the third one... argh, damn u... I love Blink182, not just their new stuff, their old classic stuff from Buddha and stuff, i love the So-Cal punk style... and HTF, why you... wait, you were joking... okay... :angry:
Chris, you wont believe how many there are here in vncouver... their parents all pay for them.. if my parents are getting me a car, which i dobht will happen in the near future, i aint going for a ricer... I want a pontiac vibe... yeah its co-designed by toyota, but still... its awesome... lotsa room for my montain bike sinthe back, 180 horses, nice styling.. yay!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Rap will never die!!

Do away with the tired short tops with the belly buttons showing.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Nick I personally can't stand those things. However I have nothing against a person who likes them. That is there choice just as it is my choice not to like those things so it doesn't matter to me if somebody likes them. If someone wants to skateboard go ahead but when they are to stupid to stop riding on the sidewalk and they try something and fall into the road while Im driving that is definitely not good. Also I do happen to like some of Blinks earlier stuff but I was referring to how all of the new bands coming out are refferred to as punk when they are poprock, rock, or whatever you wanna call it. So I hope you understand what I meant bye it and have a nice day. If you really want to talk to me about this Instant Message me on AIM because chances are I am completely bored out of my mind.

And I agree away with the bras and panties. This fad needs to die and fast.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Boy Bands

Bubble gum girlie music

Ricer cars you know the type...huge useless spoiler on the back...one big windshield wiper, a million type R stickers and other various stickers (which increases horse power by 20% I hear!)

Those sagging pants that hang way down below the belt line.

Bell Bottoms (sheesh let that fad die already)

Country Music (and when I say that I mean that new crap they play like "she loves my tractor" wtf???)

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
Ricer cars you know the type...huge useless spoiler on the back...one big windshield wiper, a million type R stickers and other various stickers (which increases horse power by 20% I hear!)
When I had my bike I used to ride with this crazy group of guys. We loved the little import cars with the wanna be "street" kids driving. We'd surrond them driving down the road get them to role down the window and tell them their car was leaking rice. Man they'd be pissed! God forbid they had a NO FEAR sticker. We didnt care who it was, if you had that sticker you would know fear by the time we got done! We starting messing around with this group of kids who were racing around in a honda all streeted out with the rims and stickers and unfortunatly for him they had the NO FEAR sticker. We were kinda pissed cause they would do 90 down residential streets were we lived and raised our families. Well we were having a big get together on day, easily 100 people everyone on bikes, getting drunk and rowdy and those stupid kids came racing thru the streets. Well a good number of us jumped on our bikes and manged to get around them. Alot of us carry marbles or ball bearings so that if someone is tailgating you you flip the marble over your shoulder and if your aim is good the tailgaiter gets a nice cracked windshield. Thats what we did to these kids. We'd race past the car and nail it with our marbles or ball bearings, utterly destroyed the paint, body work, and glass on that car. We never saw or heard from those punks again. Maybe it was alittle mean but imagine what we would have done if those punks killed one of us or our kids because they were driving stupid in there wanna be race cars. When you think about it they got off easy.
The street car fad must die!:D
For the record I do not count the muscle cars and street racers in the same category. Most muscle car owners are responsible wiser folk who when they do race they race out in the middle of no where or on a track, not down city or residential streets. Well most dont anyway.:)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Most/all of the above, plus:
  • Tattoos
  • Body piercing, anything other than a single earring per ear on women only!
  • Stupidity
  • Cell phones, especially those who don't really need one
  • Unmufflered motorcycles/cars
  • Subwoofer-mobiles
KJP

Eve T

Supporting Actor
facial piercings
Guilty as charged. I don't think that's a fad that's going to die. I have had most of my piercings before they even became popular. I enjoy them and think that just like pierced ears they will continue to be around. I enjoy the fact that unlike a tattoo I can take them out whenever I like and put them back on, you can't do that with a tattoo I don't have any of those.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
  • Body Piercings
  • Boy Bands
  • Britney/Christina/Mandy
  • Punk Rock
  • Rap
  • Democrats :)
  • The people who edit all of the nudity in movies so that they can be seen on regular TV
  • Home Theaters in Boxes
  • Shelf Systems
  • Santa Claus
  • The Easter Bunny
  • Pokemon
  • Public School System
  • Idiot teenagers who post on forums
  • Am I babbleing?
  • People who can't spell.
And on and on and on...
heheheh.. :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The actual wearing of clothes is long overdue for extinction, this 5000 year old fad has gone on long enough, feel free to let it all hang out I say! :crazy:
SIGNATURE PHOTO OF HAIRY NAKED GUY WATCHING TV REMOVED AND DESTROYED.
SIGNATURE PHOTO OF NAKED GIRL HOOVERING ROOM AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
SIGNATURE PHOTO OF NAKED CAT NOT AVAILABLE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks