What extents have you gone to, to prevent unwanted vibrations?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronNWilson, Oct 3, 2001.

1. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

I recently purchased a paradigm servo 15 subwoofer and I realized that I have an awful lot of unwanted vibrations whenever the sub gets going.
    The light fixtures shake so does the pictures on the wall. The windows casings shake and patio door glass in that room swells and moves in and out like it was made of liquid.
    All of this adds up to unwanted vibration noise.
    How do I go about into making this room into more like a dedicated hometheater room?
    Aaron

2. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Stunt Coordinator

i had problems with framed pictures bouncing arround on the walls, so i used some blu tak to stick the bottom edges of the frames to the wall.
    i have new double pane windows, so they dont rattle anymore [​IMG]
    otherwise, things in my house that rattle worst, rattle in other parts of the house. i say let um rattle! (the vent in the back bathroom rattles pretty good, and the garage door hardware gets to resonating sometimes.)
    ------------------
    'Till next time,
    Rich (the kite guy)
    My DIY audio page!
    Use your ashtray please, dont throw um on the street. thanks [​IMG]

3. John Morton

John Morton Stunt Coordinator

I glued small sections of a pencil eraser to the back of the pictures hanging in my room. My scounces are mounted with a rubber seal around the edges. I took out the stain glass windows, coated the edges with flexible glue, then re-installed them "tightly". Used that cusion door seal stuff around my doors (still have to leave one door OPEN though or the door knob rattles - couldn't quite fix that). Double pain windows.
    OH, and a muzzle for any guests!!!!!!
    ------------------