What's new

What exactly is S-Video switching? (1 Viewer)

JasterMereel

Auditioning
Ok, I have had a Denon AVR-2800 for about 2 years now. I got it to have the cornerstone of my home theater. Well, it has taken me this long to get a decent TV (Toshiba 27A41) and DVD player (Pioneer DV-343) together to have a modest home theater.

Anyways, I can't remember if my receiver does or doesn't have S-video switching. I will find out for sure soon. Well, I was wondering what exactly is S-video switching and if my Denon doesn't have it, will I miss it? Thanks.

Jaster Mereel

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
S-video switching is just video switching using S-video connections. If your receiver has S-video inputs and outputs, it probably does switching.

You can spot an S-video connector easily. It's bigger than the standard composite connector and contains a series of pins, as opposed to the standard RCA connector for composite connections, which is the same connector used for audio. An S-video input on the receiver is usually flat and flush with the receiver's surface, whereas an RCA input will protrude slightly.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks