What's new

what exactly are Mylar tweeters? Explain please. (1 Viewer)

Ricky_K

Grip
How would you place it between the dome, titanium, paper cone tweeters? Are Mylar tweeters considered to produce bright and harsh highs? Fill me in with info! Thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The least expensive tweeter besides a paper cone, bright and not very accurate. They do not even come close to metal or fabric tweeters.

"Dome" refers to the physical design of the tweeter, it is not a type of tweeter.

ling_w

Second Unit
Magnepan's Quasi-Ribbon tweeters are mylar based. Practically all so called ribbon tweeters and ESL are supported over mylar, kapton or one of its variations.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, Mylar dome tweeters are typically "cheap". Electrostatics/ribbons are not in the same category, nor are they very common. I was assuming conventional speakers

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure mylar is an aluminum foil on plastic type material. they generally don't sound that great. Aren't JBL's northridge "titanium laminate tweeters" just mylar?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks