What's new

What ever happened to Session 9? (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Nope, I don't think it did. I saw it, and it is excellent and freaky as hell. One of the best horror films of the year. Now I'm just waiting for a DVD release so I can view this gem whenever I want.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I've been wondering that myself. I love horror and had been anticipating this one.

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
It came and went with little fanfare. As far as I'm aware, the release was limited. I did get to see it. In spite of all the great buzz from FANGORIA magazine that made me excited to see it, I didn't like it at all. It was neither scary nor interesting. By the time the story resolved I couldn't care less.
-Jerry

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
One of the best Horror films I've seen in a long while. It's a shame that it didn't have a wider release as a horror film that relies on atmosphere and doesn't revolve around a bunch of vapid teenagers is a real rarity today.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Its distributor, USA Films, has the worst track record in the business for releasing small "under the radar" films-- both this and the equally underrated "Series 7: The Contenders" barely got any release despite great press and buzz.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Brad Anderson must be cursed. His films have received very minimal distribution despite the generally good reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks