What's new

What ever happened to KILL BILL deluxe set? (1 Viewer)

DexterPQ

Agent
Real Name
Andi
Kill Bill [DVD] (2007)
Edited into the single epic martial arts saga it was originally conceived as, "the fourth film by Quentin Tarantino" centers on the Bride (Uma Thurman), an ex-assassin left for dead by her former comrades. Waking up after a four-year coma, the Bride embarks on a bloody trail of vengeance that leads her face to face with a succession of ex-allies, culminating in a final showdown with onetime boss and lover, Bill (David Carradine).

With Daryl Hannah, Lucy Liu, Michael Madsen, Vivica A. Fox, Sonny Chiba, and Gordon Liu.
Widescreen;
Soundtrack: English.
Four-disc set.
Category: Action & Adventure
Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Michael Bowen, David Carradine, Sonny Chiba, Julie Dreyfus, Vivica A. Fox, Daryl Hannah, Jun Kunimura, Chiaki Kuriyama, Chia Hui Liu, Lucy Liu, Michael Madsen, Kenji Ohba, Michael Parks, Uma Thurman

Available: 09/18/07
Rated: NC17

Link:
turnerclassic.moviesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=D55293++

JayHM

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, four-disc-set means the movie is split across two, and there are two discs of extras. Plus NC-17 means at least as uncut as the Japanese version.

I'm in!

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator
WOW! That's extremely good news. I was just wondering about this a few days ago.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Hopefully an HD master, which means the HD DVD from TWC/Genius shouldn't be too far behind, if not same day/date.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Hopefully seamless branching will be employed to allow watching the theatrical versions as well.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member

I hope not. We already have the theatrical versions. Save the bitrate for the Director's Cut.

The uncut Japanese KILL BILL, PT. 1 is the only way I watch it. It makes all the difference.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Yeah, I second that. The Japanese version is simply awesome. I'm so glad I went through the trouble of getting it. I don't see why this is rated NC-17 though. This is very cartoony, over the top violence.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
Weinstein Co. is putting this out correct? (just wondering which HD format this will (hopefully) end up on)

~Jason

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

We do? I don't. I held out exactly for this set, but I'd still like for an ultimate release such as this to include the theatrical versions. Are the versions that wildly different that seasmless branching wouldn't be possible?

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Wooo! About time, once again, another I've held off on, waiting for an edition like this.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I hate to say it, but as much as i love KB1, i hated part 2. It was wayyy to long. It felt like one movie cut to two and had 20 minutes tacked on to pad it out. All IMO of course. But yes id buy it, if for nothing else to see it uncut, and in living color. :)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not in HD; I'd much rather buy one HD-DVD set (or BD set, depending) and have both.

Although the rights situation could make that problematic - I've read that The Weinstein Company has rights to the director's cut while Disney/Miramax retains the theatrical cuts. Will I wind up having to get the new one on HD-DVD and the original on BD (assuming Disney ever gets around to releasing catalog titles) if I want both?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Great news! A must have on HD! :D

BTW how good has Weinstein been with keeping HD releases day/date with SD?

Unfortunately yes. I'd also like a complete set (theatrical and extended) on HD but it won't happen with one realease.

But as you said Disney doesn't seem to want to release much catalog titles on BD so I won't be holding my breath.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So far, Weinstein has been releasing HD DVDs in bunches, and it's been (I think) all new releases. I imagine this one would get a release in the same batch as Death Proof and Planet Terror, but that could be a month or two after the SD release.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Remember about two years ago?
When people were complaining it was to soon for "other" release of KB?
Funny stuff!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member

It's not that seamless branching isn't possible, it's that if you do it, you lose a huge chunk of disc space to basically put out something that's already available quite cheaply. There's nothing wrong with the two discs that are already out. Plus, you don't see seamless branching used too often any more really. Studios would rather put out as many editions as possible forcing you to pay more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks