What's new

What Ever Happened to DESIGNING WOMEN? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Supposed to. But I imagine the hold-up is music related. Had it not been for that lousy copyright extension act, the theme song Georgia On My Mind would be PD by now.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
That's what I was thinking. I can't imagine what else is holding up this release except for the Georgia music rights. And the show likely will not come out unless they can get that song.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Do I need to remind you of Married with Children and Dawson's Creek?

And there are other songs used throughout the show; not WKRP level of music, but enough to add about $10 to the price tag.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling it won't look very good on DVD when it does come; it was shot on film but its pre-production was all done on analog videotape. Unless they want to go back and redo everything in hi-def, which I don't think they'd do for anything other than Seinfeld, I think you should be prepared not to be blown away by picture quality.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
That will almost certainly be true of the pilot which has always looked awful. It seems they had very little faith in this show to begin with since the production values on the first episode were so poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks