1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

What ever happen to Superbit Deluxe?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Eric Emma, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Supporting Actor

I saw CA got a Superbit Deluxe release but that the only one... Why don't they make any other ones

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Charlie's Angels is not the only Superbit Deluxe release.

You have Hollow Man, The Patriot, The Mask of Zorro, and Snatch.

3. Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock Second Unit

The only Superbit that I have is The Fifth Element which I love, and seeing how the original release had no extras either, it wasn't a big deal. However, even Superbit Deluxes don't have commentaries. Unless they changed something, Superbits only have the original language in Dolby and DTS and the rest goes to picture quality. So, when it comes to discs like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," (one disc having commentary and the Superbit not) it can be a difficult decision, but it's nice to have a choice...[​IMG]

4. Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai Supporting Actor

^ Charlie's Angels Superbit Deluxe could have had the commentary though. The original release was only on 1 disc and since the superbit deluxe only added a few promo spots for CA2, then they should've been able to just used the ENTIRE original disc as Disc #2 on Superbit Deluxe...which would have included the commentary.

5. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

Punch-Drunk Love is also a Superbit Deluxe release. It doesn't have the regular Superbit box design or even a prominent logo.

ETA: My bad, Adaptation is a single-disc release. Looking at the wrong disc.

6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    Adaptation is a single disc "Superbit" branded release. It cheats the concept a little like "Panic Room" did, but it is not a "Superbit Deluxe".

Regards,

7. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

How is Adaptation. a Suberbit Deluxe? It has no special features exept a trailer and filmographies, I believe.

8. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    I thought Superbit Deluxe implied 2 discs...one disc is just Superbit. Any SB with 2 discs is labelled SB Deluxe. No?

9. Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai Supporting Actor

^ unless it's because the movie spreads across 2-discs, like Das Boot.

I believe Punch Drunk Love is labelled as Superbit Special Edition...

10. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    You are correct, and I'm wrong. Das Boot and PDL both have 2 discs and neither are called "Deluxe". There is no obvious logic in the Deluxe appellation after all. All Deluxes do have 2 discs, but not the converse.

11. Ryan Wong

Ryan Wong Stunt Coordinator

I hope they will have a "Deluxe Superbit Special Edition" for all their major movies. I really don't want to rebuy all the Superbit title. They should have released the DVD once and put all their efforts in it. (Look at Man In Black...)[​IMG]

My ideal "Deluxe Superbit Special Edition":
    1) 2 disc, Superbit feature on disc 1, and extras on disc 2.
    2) Where to put the commentary if they have one? Let me think... Just drop the dolby track then... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    3) Or just drop the Dolby track for god sake and give DTS a 1.5 mps full-bit-rate treatment.:b :b :b

12. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Superbit deluxe has extras. The mask of zorro is a superbit deluxe and has movie on one disc and the same extra's as the previous release on the other.

A movie like Das boot has 2 discs but is not deluxe because the movie is spread across the two discs and there are no extras.

13. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Supporting Actor

So can you answer my question? Are they still making Superbit Deluxes?

14. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I'm sure they are, they just don't do it for every title and there seems to be no rhymm or reason as to which titles get the "deluxe" treatment. I suggest you visit the link below and email them and ask if any new ones are coming out.

The Charlies Angels superbit is a deluxe and just came out a month or so ago.

http://www.superbitdvd.com

15. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer