What's new

What equipment do you plan to upgrade or add in 2002? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
We had threads asking what you upgraded or added in 2001. How about plans for 2002? I'll start. I don't really have big plans, but here are a couple things I've thought about:
1) NAD C 270 power amp to biamp with my NAD C 370 integrated amp: I've been talking about this for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Some things non-audio have taken priority lately. When I do get the C 270, I'll need a pair of Audioquest Diamondbacks to link up the two amps and a second pair of BetterCables Premium speaker cables.
2) Upgrade some cables: I upgraded from some Monster cables to Audioquest Diamondbacks on a few key components in my main system recently and may do the same upgrade for a couple more components there. Also, I may upgrade some cables and speaker wire in my second stereo system. I'm currently using Monster products there too. In all of this, the first thing I would probably upgrade would be the speaker wire for the Energy e:XL 25s in the second system, as I am just using Monster XP wire at present.
I've toyed around with a few other ideas, such as an inexpensive DVD-Audio player for the second system or a new turntable, but these are not priority items.

JohanK

Second Unit
I'm going to take it easy this year. Only possible upgrade I can see is a processor.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
My only goal is to buy a front projector, probably lcd. I figure that should set me back enough.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
My HT room: I'm building a house... or rather a HT with some usefull extra rooms on the side (one to sleep, one to eat, one to bath) ;)
Vincent

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Time to upgrade the T.V. I am currently using an 11 year old 27" Mitsubishi and it is just not cutting it anymore so I am going to upgrade to a 36" Sony Wega. That's about it.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm building the home theater room now. Besides cabling upgrades, that is it for the budget, unless some essential piece of equipment goes 'deep six' on me.

~Kurt

PaulG

Stunt Coordinator
I am using my nearfield powered monitors as rear surrounds in a 7.1 system. Those are going back to there intended use shortly. So I am going to get new rear speakers for 7.1, because I like that over 6.1. I will use the amp that is powering my subwoofer for this, and upgrade the amp for my subwoofer.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I'm in the same boat as Jon_B. I'm going to try and get a front projector this year. Not sure when or what yet, depends on how much money I save. Now I'm considering the Piano from Plus, but the non-HD thing is making me hold out a little longer.

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
In the next month or so, some wall mounts for my rears.

By Christmas (hopefully) a new sub or subs (probably SVS or Paradigm).

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
On the top of my wishlist is the 65" Toshiba Widescreen HDTV (65H81 I believe). If all goes well I should be buying sometime in February or March.
Next in line is a new receiver but this isn't much of a priority at the present. I like the Denon 3802, mostly for the 7.1 channel modes, but my room isn't configured for proper placement of the extra speakers. By the time I move somewhere that will work there will probably be a 10.1 system out. ;)

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator
I have no upgrade plans, I never have had upgrade plans.

If I happen to upgrade then ................

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Thinking of adding a ButtkickerII setup before my next party.

If the Sony TA-E10ES ever becomes a reality that truly exceeds the TA-E9000ES, I'll probably go for it after a price drop or two.

Of course, then I'd need 2 more speakers and a multi-channel SACD rig...

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Hopefully I'll be able to get a SACD player this year. Maybe a combo DVD-A/SACD player. A new set of speakers including subs as well. But, the first thing I'm going to buy is a Toshiba 65HX81.

Patrick

Kevin T

Screenwriter
hmmm, i'll probably end up with a whole new rig depending upon finances and unexpected expenses. i'm looking at:
outlaw 950 pre/pro (depending upon reviews)
anthem mca-50 (or mca-5 mkII)
pioneer elite dv-47a
svs 25-31cs
undecided amp for samson (probably a plate amp)
looks like a costly year for me...oh well ;)
kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks