What's new

What energy setup would you recommend for me? (1 Viewer)

ChrisDumont

Agent
Keep in mind I have a 8' ceiling, 7' wide, 9' long room. Heres what it kinda looks like (hopefully the picture helps). I didnt have room to put where the speakers would be, and yes the door is at the foot of my bed (where I would be listening from).

(7ft wide)
___window___
|----TV---sub-|
|--------------|
|--------------| (9 ft long)
|----------desk|
|--------------|
door___bed____|

Neighbors

I would mostly be using it for HT, with maybe a little music. I live in a sort of a townhouse place only instead of 2 people its 4. So on every corner of the building is a home.

Anyways I was thinking of this:

2 Connoisseur C-9 Energy
2 C-1 bookshelfs
1 C-C3 centre speaker
2 CR3 surround speakers
Denon 3803 receiver

But then that could be major overkill. I am thinking long term since I plan on moving out eventually, so I want something with a little punch, would you recommend that setup? What would you recommend?

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
I think a 5.1 Bookshelf system would do great for now in a room of that size. maybe instead of going c-1's go c3's instead and use them as part of the front array for now. then go C9's when you do move to that larger space.

Meaning C3 - Fronts
CC3 - Center
CR3 - Rears
??? - Sub

I think youll like those speakers a lot. I own the same line :D.

I have one more suggestion .... I have a friend who owns a pair of the 2.4 I series veritas and I would have to say that home theater with just the 2 towers sounded amazing in that room. Try a hometheater with just the C-9'S. The results may surprise you.

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
I second marks Idea of just getting 2 C-9's right now.
That is a VERY small room and a full 5.1 system does seem like major overkill. And if you just get the C-9's you'll have some money left over, which you can save till you move out. It never hurts to have savings in-case of emergency either. Those C-9's should fill your room up with great sound. :D

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Energy has a great line up of speakers both in the Conn series and the Veritas. Personally I like the bookshelf sizes better with lfe going to a sub. I have the 2.2 Veritas and a SVS sub.... grat combo.
Some of their old line are also worthy of notice... I bought my son a set of the RVS Energy about 4 years ago and they some strong in-your-face speakers.

Lee M T

Second Unit
Chris,

I'm going with C-3's for the mains in my setup. My room is roughly 11' x 11'. I have not heard them in my room, but I was a little worried about going from my huge 10" 3-way Cerwin Vegas to bookshelves. But I hooked up my Dad's old Infinity Sterling Series bookshelves recently, and actually prefer using them in my current setup now. These speakers are ten years old and are sealed and actually have some pretty serious bass. It won't knock you over, the bass sounds better than the CV's for sure. The mid and top end are also noticably better. So, my thinking is, an Energy C-3, which is a higher budget speaker than my Dad's Infinity's, speakers have come a long way in ten years, and they will be front ported, I think they'll do just fine for some nice in your face action.

I do have a plan though, I'm going with C-3's first. Then I'll get a center channel. If it turns out that I'm not happy enough with the C-3's as mains, I'm going to step up to the C-5's and move the C-3's to rear duty. If the C-3's are fine, then I'll either buy another pair of C-3's for the rear or I will get the C-R1's or C-R3's.

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
It really depends on how soon you will be moving to a apt./townhome/house that will have more space. If it was going to be within the next year, I would personally get what you want now without any compromises.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks