What's new

What else........SPEAKERS!!! (1 Viewer)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
What you're doing is window shopping, which is no way to buy speakers. I'd even go so far as to relate it to BLIND window shopping, only that you're able to smell each item. If you forgive the physical impossibility of smelling something through a window, you'll get the point of that analogy.

I hate to break it to you, but most speakers in your price range aren't going to be real wood.

This thread has yielded you a dozen suggestions. I can post glowing reviews of dozens of speakers that won't help you at all. You can't compare reviews since naturally different people will use different terminoligy. If you're keen on making a blind investment of $1500 into what *MIGHT* turn out to be a good purchase, then go right ahead. If not, find a way to audition. Do lots of auditioning. It may be inconvenient, but it's not impossible. And if you can't get to local dealers, you have no access to more than half the brands on the market, which cannot and are not sold through the internet. This includes many respectable brands...Energy, Paradigm, B&W just to name a few.

And don't discount the amp/receiver's effect on the sound either. It is just as crucial an element.

Jon Lane

Stunt Coordinator
I would second the observation that Swan are voiced to be neutral. We get regular feedback that verifies this design choice. Personally, I don't know why anyone would make a speaker intentionally bright or recessed...

As far as the other poster's understandable belief that real wood might be a challenge in this price class, we start at $449/pr. for book-matched real veneers and piano black lacquer.

Mitch_J

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that all Aperions speakers are also real wood veneer, or gloss black lacquer. They also pay to ship and return ship and no sales tax. Well worth the trial offer.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Ascend and HTD and I believe AV123 all offer the 30 days no risk trial run...

sal_a

Auditioning
For a little more then your thinking of spending, I would look at Infinity Kappa 200, center and surround they are around $1900 at onecall.com. They're discontinued. The list on these is $3600. And they have real wood veneer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks