What's new

What else do I need to complete my HT system? (1 Viewer)

Marc Go

Agent
Hello all. I am VERY happy with my current system, but my end of year bonus will be in my paycheck shortly (the wife doesn't know!), and I wanted to see if there was anything else that I should be buying.

My current system:

Mitsubishi 35" TV

Onkyo 595 receiver

Polk RM6600 home theater speakers (5)

Polk RM350 subwoofer

RCA hi fi VCR

Pioneer CV503 5 disc DVD player

I LOVE the system and everything sounds great. The one thing I would like to do is to add a couple of indoor/outdoor speakers out by my deck and use the "B" speaker switch on the Onkyo. This will be a spring project, however.

Any ideas on what new "toys" to buy? I do not have any need for a turntable or tape deck and really do not want to replace any of my components, just add to them!

Thanks and don't tell my wife!!!

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
How about a SVS subwoofer?

Or a S-VHS vcr?

Or you could get a new reciever that offers DPLII.

Or you could get a Mitsubishi HD RPTV and a progressive scan DVD player.

It all depends on how much your bonus is, and what you are looking to upgrade. All of the above will make a big improvement over what you have now, but really if your happy with everything you have right now....then there really is no "need" to upgrade.

RobG

Stunt Coordinator
If you are happy with what you have, how about some stuff like movie posters, a movie marquee, popcorn machine, etc. I have added stuff like that (need a popcorn machine still) and it really adds to the theater look and is cool looking IMO. I picked up my marquee from a video store that went out of business for 200.00. It was in perfect shape and retailed for about 1000.00. I also bought a DTS and Dolby plaque for the wall. Show Off Displays makes a mini marquee that you place your dvd case on that is neat too. Just another way to go. The big part will be getting the thumbs up from the wife :D

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
A nice 'toy' of an upgrade would be a universal remote control. I would suggest the Home Theater Master MX-500 which retails for $189. Check out www.rrdeals.com where you can pick one up for $140.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
SPL meter?

Parametric Sub EQ?

Hossenpfeffer Dorkenfritz?

Hoomhow Foomfop?

Seriously though, do you have a sound pressure level meter and a set-up disc?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks