What's new

what electronics to use with b&w N804's? (1 Viewer)

DannyL

Stunt Coordinator
just wanted to see what other N804 owners are using. i am currently using an outlaw 950 preamp with an aragon 8008x3. i'm looking for something a little warmer in sound. room treatments are not an option secondary to WAF. thanks.

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX AVR
Bryston 4B ST

Perpetual Technologies P-1A
ModWright Signature "Plus" Perpetual Technologies P-3A
Monolithic Sound P3 Power Supply (for P-1A & P-3A)
lots of silver Kimber Kables

My N804s are on 2.5" Sound Anchor speaker stands, which (with spikes) raises them to 43". Per the specs on the B&W web site, N802s are 43.5" tall. Great tweak.

I have no problems with over bright sound. 2 channel music with this setup sounds wonderful!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
When you say room treatments are not an option were you thinking of that 'audiophile' came out of a recording studio type stuff? BTW, is the room carpeted or not?

DannyL

Stunt Coordinator
tile floor with an area rug. i'm thinking of those room treatments that hang on the wall or on stands.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
What about getting your wife to help out with selecting wall hangings...woven tapestry things. At first you'd look into positioning them at the first reflection points on the walls. You can experiment with the idea before buying by using heavy blankets on the wall.

DannyL

Stunt Coordinator
we do have tapestries, but no where to put them in the family room; the layout of my room doesn't allow it. our family room is adjacent to the kitchen so it has only three walls. the one wall is all window and french doors (these are covered by vertical blinds). the back wall has a bookcase on the entire length of the wall. that leaves the front wall for the entertainment cabinet housing the tv speakers and electronics. doh!

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
The sound is just a little more laid back, the soundstage is 'taller' (as you would expect), transparency increased. Bass seems tighter. It's harder to tell where the speakers are...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks